Email from RECARO head rest support needed!!

Baylor

I received this email in response to my question about head rest support.

XXXXi,

Our ProBooster and VIVO seats require vehicle headrest support behind them. Should this cause a small gap between the vehicle seat and the booster back, a towel may be folded to fill the gap.

Hope this helps.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Carol Ruscoe
Customer Service Associate

So only one that does not require it is an Oobr? Do we know that for fact?

ETA: I searched my manual and could not find that stipulation anywhere. Im ticked. I am so concerned at all the people using this and won't know this!

ADS

christineka

Thanks! I had emailed recaro about that as well, but they only answered me with the probooster manual and giving me the child's specifications for use.

Quote from the probooster's manual:
NOTE: You many need to adjust or remove the vehicle’s head
restraint to allow the ProBOOSTER to fi t properly against the
vehicle’s seat back. Refer to your vehicle owner’s manual for
information on how to operate this feature.

Looks like we need to push recaro for a recall of their booster too for having incorrect info in the manual.

Baylor

I'm so upset because I have been using it without as it says you can remove headrest..

What is happening and why are they not making sure this is big and obvious in their manual. I have not responded to her yet because I want it to sound professional and not pissy.

VoodooChile

And neato how this coincides with cars now starting to have the sticky-outy (that's the technical term) headrests, which make that big gap (at least Recaro has a solution for that, though, instead of just calling it incompatible).

creideamh

I'm so confused. My manual SAYS to remove the headrest if needed. ?????

ETA- and where are you supposed to put a towel between the seat and the headrest? What?

Baylor

I'm so confused. My manual SAYS to remove the headrest if needed. ?????

ETA- and where are you supposed to put a towel between the seat and the headrest? What?

I KNOW!! First I emailed them and got a response could I tell them what country I am in so I can get correct reply. Does anyone have one that is sold abroad that might have different wording? I looked on my seat too and there is no mention of headrest needed..

And what the heck IS the towel thing? Can you even imagine what parents might do with that?

Citrine

I was going to get the probooster since reading the manual saying to remove vehicle headrest if in the way. I read it yesterday too. Seemed clear as day to me to remove vehicle headrest.

tiggercat

Kind of off topic but did we get replies from other manufacturers (Graco, evenflo, etc)? On this topic? I know about Diono, of course...

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Jessica61624

Wow another one off my list. Does anyone know for sure if the frontier requires a head rest? At this rate Jaelyn will be inba harness until she's old enough to ride in the front with a head rest.

mommaon112903

I am fuming :mad: right now since my manual specifically states to REMOVE the headrest if needed! I haven't found a single booster that I have NOT had to remove the headrest to get a proper fit! Since little man is so long thru the torso, I NEED a tall booster. A FN85 just for boostering is out of the question as it the Oobr due to price.

I am NOT putting him in a LBB full time yet as my manual contradicts this statement by Recaro.

Ellie173

Kind of off topic but did we get replies from other manufacturers (Graco, evenflo, etc)? On this topic? I know about Diono, of course...

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

I just heard back from Graco that they do not require vehicle head support when I asked about when the seat would be outgrown. So at least Clek and Graco don't require headrests.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Looks like I'll be stocking up on Oobrs! :rolleyes:

Has Clek confirmed that no headrests are needed?

This is a huge deal for me since we are considering a vehicle that has no headrests in any of the rear seating positions!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC