Sienna SBP Regent install tips? 3rd row and captains chair install....

First seat I trie to install in the 3rd row 40% side (passenger) If you have a Sienna you know that the angle created from the belt going through the second SBP hole in the Regent into the buckle makes for near impossible tightening plus a lot of belt bunching.

I tried kneeing the seat from the front, we trie having DH sit in the seat itself....I just can't get any more slack out of the vehicle belt. Tightening up the tether really helped the install, and I *think* it might be less than an inch of movement at the belt path BUT this is nowhere near the solid install I got without the recline bar using the long belt path.

Maybe I should try LATCH?

How are the other Sienna owners fairing with this seat? Mine is a 2006 for reference.

anyone?

Oh, and I have yet to try the install in the captains chair (I have two Regents) so I'm hoping it is a better fit there. My other captains chair has my infant seat in it so I have to have one Regent in the 3rd row.

ADS

lynsgirl

I have an 8-passenger 2005 Sienna and I concur about the third row install :thumbsdown:. Dd's normal spot (in the Regent) was driver's side, third row and I could not get an acceptable install w/the new instructions there and I tried all the tricks I knew. I did get a solid install in the center of the second row, which would equate to an install in a captain's chair. It wasn't easy, but it's definitely rock solid and it's not hanging off the seat very much, if at all, either :thumbsup:.

I started by reclining the seat back a couple of notches, threading the belt through and then positioning the recline bar as far back against the seat as I could. Then I tightened, locked the belt, popped the seat back up (not easy, btw) and checked. I had to do a tighten/check/repeat thing a couple of times before it was all good, but that's better than the third row results!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I reinstalled our Regent in our '05 8-passenger Sienna's third row center using the seatbelt and SBP around the day Britax put the advisory up on their website (during an awful heat wave, ugh). I had to twist the female buckle stalk 2 to 3 times to get the seat installed solidly (thank goodness there's flexible webbing that can be twisted there), and to keep the seatbelt buckle from extending through to the front of the Regent's seatback through the belt path opening. I was concerned it would be easier for DD1 to accidentally unbuckle the seatbelt if she reached into the belt path or dropped something in there. Actually I am still a tad concerned, but it hasn't been unbuckled accidentally and remains solidly installed several weeks later. I seriously miss the long belt path installation in the Sienna.

lynsgirl

I reinstalled our Regent in our '05 8-passenger Sienna's third row center using the seatbelt and SBP around the day Britax put the advisory up on their website (during an awful heat wave, ugh). I had to twist the female buckle stalk 2 to 3 times to get the seat installed solidly (thank goodness there's flexible webbing that can be twisted there), and to keep the seatbelt buckle from extending through to the front of the Regent's seatback through the belt path opening. I was concerned it would be easier for DD1 to accidentally unbuckle the seatbelt if she reached into the belt path or dropped something in there. Actually I am still a tad concerned, but it hasn't been unbuckled accidentally and remains solidly installed several weeks later. I seriously miss the long belt path installation in the Sienna.

Ah, the center. I didn't try the center because I already have a Husky installed in the passenger outboard position, so the Regent will not fit in the center :p. Good to know just because, though!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
And I'm very grateful to you for the info. about third row outboard and second row installs. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC