Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Infant seat for 2-door Civic?

My sister is expecting her first in November and I am buying her her car seat. She drives a 2004 Honda Civic, two door. Not a ton of room in the back seat. Baby will hopefully go in the middle with seatbelt install, but possibly behind passenger if that spot doesn't work. Any recommendations for a smaller (front to back) infant seat for her car?
    Lauren, mommy to:
    Philip 9/4/2008, Affix w/ SS
    Andrew 8/17/2010, harnessed Nauti
    Lydia 1/14/2013, ERF MR65
    Sophia 3/18/15, SR30

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Infant seat for 2-door Civic?

The Chicco Keyfit and Cybex Aton are pretty short front to back... and I just saw someone talking about nicely fitting a Combi Shuttle in a two door Mini Cooper, so that's worth a shot too!

Congrats Auntie!
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

4. Thank You from: