Sad day for my Blvd... is it OK?

PunkyMonkey

Took DDs new (11/11) Blvd70 out to clean it and put it in the garage on Saturday. We have the RPR for spare so I was a little lazy and left it in there for a few days (our garage is A/C was converted to a room and we just converted it back to a garage 2 months ago). I guess there was a gold fish or 3 in the seat (hence needing a good clean out) and apparently a mouse or something found it and decided to eat part of the foam too. :mad: So There are some pieces missing out of the butt foam, nothing major. No other missing parts, corner of one of the Hugs (seat belt cover things.. I think they're called Hugs) looks a little chewed on but nothing that would effect its performace in any way. I am going to give it a super clean but is there anything I should be worried about or call Britax for a replacement? I super checked the harnesses and they're perfect... I am so pissed off and I already called the exterminator and bought some traps. I have never seen any rodents anywhere around here but I can only guess that's what it was =/. TIA for the tips.

ETA (lol) gold fish = the snack, not pets! Lol

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You can buy new HUGS and foam on Britax's site without a problem. Otherwise, it should be ok. Hope the mouse enjoyed the treats. :)

Wendy

gsdguenter

I don't know why, but when I read goldfish it took me a while to figure out you meant the snacks, and not the animal. I was like "how did she get fish, or 3, in her carseat?!". Oh boy.

Anyway, if the harness looks good and you get news hugs it sounds like you'll be good to go. You'll just gave a holy seat :p

PunkyMonkey

I :love: Britax Customer service! I called and explained what happened and how sad I was because I just got the seat 4 months ago and the woman was so nice and helpful and they are sending me all the replacement parts for free! :D Its a good day after all :D

gagenivy

gsdguenter said:
I don't know why, but when I read goldfish it took me a while to figure out you meant the snacks, and not the animal. I was like "how did she get fish, or 3, in her carseat?!". Oh boy.

Anyway, if the harness looks good and you get news hugs it sounds like you'll be good to go. You'll just gave a holy seat :p

Me too! I was wondering why you didn't mention a smell:)

Brianna

Phenomenal customer service from Britax! I thought you meant real gold fish too. I was wondering how fish got in a seat and how you wouldn't have noticed

PunkyMonkey

:ROTFLMAO: @ all the fish comments!! I guess since its DDs favorite I'm the opposite and always think the snack when I see/hear gold fish!!!! I can't imagine someone having a real fish in their seat!! Smell definitely lol!

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse autocorrects!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC