Woah... ordered an R100... received an RXT!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I ordered an R100 with my Kohl's Credit (only paid $6 out of pocket!!) and it just arrived.

But... it's an RXT!

So I paid $6 for an RXT. :eek:

My first thought is that I should contact Kohl's and let them know. I know I'm not under a legal obligation to fix their shipping error. Normally I would feel like I'm under a moral obligation to do so, though... but... their warehouse is so far away it's going to cost them at least as much in shipping to correct the error than the difference in price would be worth (if I'd chosen to order the RXT I would have paid about $60 more; and shipping would be about $30 each way so... $60 difference). Plus, they appear to be out of stock of Radians right now anyway so they might not even be able to correct the problem. Maybe I should just let sleeping dogs lie. Thoughts?

ADS

T4K

One time NBD sent me a ProSport instead of a ProBooster (for $60) and they said to keep the seat and even have me $10 off my next purchase. I felt like I should tell them just to let them know.

Mags462

I personally would feel the need to call them and let them know of the error. Even if you used a large amount of Kohl's Cash to get it i still think you should let them know. Let them decide from that point how they want to handle it :D

And wow - lucky you... i never get "the wrong seat" and have it end up being better on my end :p

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I dropped them an email. I don't think I could live with it on my conscience if I didn't! But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they choose to say "Sorry 'bout that, just keep the seat." I made it clear in my email that I would be fine with that solution. :p

PunkyMonkey

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to help myself and I'd probably keep it along your logic of shipping costs and such. Also, I'm weird and take every accident as a sign and I'd be weary that maybe I'd need the extra head protection for some reason in the future. :scratcheshead:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Well, it's been over 24 hours since I emailed them to notify them of their error, and I haven't had a response. So, frankly, I'm considering it "mine" for now.

The only hitch I might foresee could be in case of needing warranty service since my receipt says it's a R100. :( So actually I'd kind of prefer to have some kind of acknowledgement (paper trail) from Kohl's.

Stelvis

It's yours. You're under no legal or moral obligation to fix their error. You could call them and let them know if you want, but it'd cost them more to take it back and send you the right one.

lovemybabies924

diono has never asked me to show a reciept, and if you crashed and needed replacment..u paid for an r100 so they would only need to replace with an r100..but for now u get an rxt :)

henrietta

Well, it's been over 24 hours since I emailed them to notify them of their error, and I haven't had a response. So, frankly, I'm considering it "mine" for now.

The only hitch I might foresee could be in case of needing warranty service since my receipt says it's a R100. :( So actually I'd kind of prefer to have some kind of acknowledgement (paper trail) from Kohl's.

The receipt probably wouldn't be called into question--register the seat w/the company (use the card it came with). That should be all you need.

henrietta

snafued

Wow! How lucky of you! Since they are out of all the Radians, they might just let you keep it!

I once ordered a 2-piece Carter's set from Kohl's and I only got the top and not the dress. Anyway, I called and they said they will send the dress. A few days later, I got an email for full credit for the 2-piece set and no mention of sending the top back. It's a plain long sleeve top and will probably cost them more in return shipping than what it's worth.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
They never responded to my email, so at this point I have no intention of returning the seat to them. I really don't think it would make financial sense for them anyway. Shipping Radians is expensive and I'm a LONG way from their warehouse.

msg221

Last year Wayfair sent me the wrong seat. It was still Sunshine Kids then, and I think I had ordered the XTSL but they sent the model below that. They told me to keep the seat and they refunded me the money because IIRC, they didn't have any XTSL's left!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC