Good price on a Maya sling and reviews?

krfogle88

There's a GUC Maya Sling at our local consignment shop for $8. I am guessing this is a good deal? Also what are the reviews on this? Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep, that's a great deal! I got mine for $10 at a Once Upon a Child less $9.25 of trade-in so I got it for $0.75, lol, but man, has it held up! The sell used online for more than $30 in excellent condition, usually.

It's a ring sling (one of the first big brands to market them) and it's a nice sturdy weave. Mine didn't come with instructions, but you can access them on their website free. They have a pocket in the end, which I loved for throwing one diaper or a pacifier in. :)

Ring slings are my personal favorite babywearing device. I still occasionally carry the 40 lb. 4 year old in one, lol (though now she's so big I use one with padded rails, helps a lot.) I love that they are so versatile- I have used ring slings as a screen for a kid who has to use the travel potty in a fairly public place, as an impromptu belt to tie a baby in a shopping cart with no safety belt, as a tether to wrap around the torso or wrist of a toddler who does NOT want to be carried, ride in the stroller, or ride in the sling, but keeps running off, as a blanket, as a sun shield in a stroller... They fold up small, they are easy to put on and take off, they can be used from newborn all the way up through preschooler with different carries. They are great for refluxy noobs if you use an upright carry; they are wonderful for older kids with a hip carry. (Those are my faves though I have done back carry too.) In-between kids who want to see the world but are still very young can go facing out in a kangaroo pouch carry (I do the same carry, facing in, for noobs.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a Medium. I bought it when I was in a Large; it's shorter now (I'm same size as you) but still works pretty well.

(it's no longer my favorite- I have two solarveil ring slings plus an OTSBH padded ring sling, so it's our emergency backup... So I haven't used it in a while but have no doubt I could.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC