Nissan NV!!! (Pics!)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Call and talk to their commercial sales rep.... the dealership had no idea what it was either and kept transferring me around until I said "full size passenger van" and they transferred me to the commercial guy.

ADS

careynj

It's sold from the commercial side of Nissan. We had to drive an hour for a dealer that had one here. But if the have the cargo they should at least know what you're talking about.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yep, the second dealership we went to does regular and commercial stuff, and he knew exactly. He had already sold two of the passenger ones right off the truck so didn't have any in stock, but he showed us one of the cargo vans to give us an idea. It's way bigger in person!

Funny enough, I made DH go look at it mostly to humor me...and now he's actually intrigued! The guy is going to call us when he gets some more in. Apparently there are a couple on the way.

DH did say that if we wind up getting one he'll be really ticked about the vasectomy, LOL.

careynj

I love it, even for three kids it would be pretty sweet. I found one for my brother and called the salesman at least once a week for six weeks. We got the first and only one they got shipped. First one north of Toronto :) They are saying next shipment ( in our area anyway) is August, so glad we got the first one.

danteod

NV Passenger seats - do they recline?

We recently had twin identical boys - bringing the count to 4 - 2 girls (12 & 5) and 2 boys (7mon). We have been looking at the NVP and the "short" Mercedes Sprinter (we've also looked at 8 passenger SUVs like the Sequoia and Suburban).

Do the seats recline? The Nissan website does not mention this at all.
Also, how's the fuel economy?

Thanks!

careynj

The bench seats do not recline. But they are quite comfortable. My brother said fuel economy is comparable to their previous van, a 2007 8 passenger AWD Chevy express. 16-18 MPG

Last edited:

danteod

Re: NV Passenger seats - do they recline?

We ended up purchasing a 2012 Mercedes Sprinter. Each girl has their own row and the twin boys get their own as well. Needless to say, they are happy with their space.

danteod

I'm not sure what you mean by "outboard latch" but the first 2 passenger rows have latch on the outer seats. Seating configuration is 2-3-3-4. The middle seats do not have latch. I'm not sure if the 3rd passenger row has latches or not (I haven't checked for it).

We love the sprinter -- tons of space for people and things. I can put the Britax B-Ready stroller in the back without folding it and still have space for bags, etc. There's plenty of headroom and the kids can walk around the cabin easily. There's storage/cubby holes all over the place.

The diesel engine is pretty frugal provided you don't drive with a lead foot. We recently drove to Florida and back and found that if you drive around 65mph, you'll get around 22mpg. If you go 75mph, you get 18mpg. You also sit waaay up - so you see over SUVs. Even though it looks like it will tip, it actually handles curves pretty good (which is unexpected).

Some cons -
1. It's hard to get to the middle seat if you have RF carseats in the way.
2. Step in is high - takes getting used to.
3. Parking can be difficult - parking structures are too low. Need at least 8.5 feet clearance.
4. Won't fit in regular garage.
5. Backup camera should be standard equipment. We had to have one installed.
6. Tons of space - so you end up bringing more than you need.
7. You can get it in any color as long as it is black (dealers seem to only order them in black). Ordering from the factory can take at least 6 months.

Harmony96

I think I want one of these. If we have another baby, we'll outgrow our current vehicle (it only seats five), and I don't want to outgrow a vehicle again.

mom of six

Waiting patiently for some used ones to show up.....

We have 6 kids in a Dodge Grand Caravan with a bench installed in the middle instead of captains chairs. My teen and tween are getting to *hippy* to fit next to car seats in the third row. I*WANT*THIS*VAN!!!

ElfJewel

I want one of these! We are about to lose our only extra seat in our van. I'm hoping we can find one used in the next year or so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC