New Turbos?

Holly

Have we heard anything more about when the new Turbo boosters are coming out? I need to get a girly Turbo by November and I don't like any of the girly options right now (except for Posie but we already have one of those and don't want two). I wanted to get Kaley but it's discontinued :( I also liked Jenna, but it's discontinued too.
I hope the new turbos come out by then, or that there will be a nice new cover out before then.

ADS

clmchrissy

I wish they would hurry up & release them too. The only recent boyish one I liked was Anders & its been discontinued too :(

Holly

Kat_Momof3 said:
what about this one? http://www.target.com/p/Graco-Highback-Booster-Carolina/-/A-13478075 - it kind of reminds me of the one you have for Hannah already.

I take it you didn't like Megan (it is a little too much pink even for me, too) or Kallie (from walmart)

That one is ok, but not my favorite. It almost needs a little more color or pattern to it, it's a lot of brown! Especially because I don't like the added pillow insert in most turbos because I think they push the head forward, so it would be taken out and then be less pink. That is one reason why I got the turbo elite in posie, ne extra head pillows.
I also think this one is too much like the one we have, I think having one that is more different would look better.
Oh, and yeah, the other pink turbos are TOO pepto pink and busy for me.

Phineasmama

I'm glad I got mine when I did because I don't like any of the new ones either! We have one called "girls rock" or something like that...was on clearance at Walmart.com this past fall.

Kat_Momof3

Holly

I love it when seats match... hehe... but I get why seats not matching can also have an advantage (no fight over which seat belongs to which child)

hey, do you still have the cowmoo harmony dreamtime?

No, it wasn't mine. I bought it for Judi and Genevieve because their Sam's Clubs didn't have them (Or maybe they didn't have any Sam's Clubs, I don't remember).

jjordan

Have we heard anything more about when the new Turbo boosters are coming out? I need to get a girly Turbo by November and I don't like any of the girly options right now (except for Posie but we already have one of those and don't want two). I wanted to get Kaley but it's discontinued :( I also liked Jenna, but it's discontinued too.
I hope the new turbos come out by then, or that there will be a nice new cover out before then.

According to this thread (from the beginning of April), the new turbos are due out at the end of May, and will be a Target exclusive.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They'll be out by the end of May or beginning of June. That's what I heard at least. :)

mlohry

Anything different about them besides covers? Like LATCH, higher high back??? A girl can dream! It's the only HB seat I like in our 3rd row of our van and DS is growing out of the back.

jjordan

I think it's supposed to be very different as far as overall shape - mainly the increase in side impact protection is what stands out to me. Something about crash tested to European side impact standards? I think the thread I linked above had a link to the carseatblog report from the fall. AFAIK not LATCHable, though.

ETA: carseatblog info

mlohry

jjordan said:
I think it's supposed to be very different as far as overall shape - mainly the increase in side impact protection is what stands out to me. Something about crash tested to European side impact standards? I think the thread I linked above had a link to the carseatblog report from the fall. AFAIK not LATCHable, though.

ETA: carseatblog info

I see weights on the TB, but how about height? Might be a contender as it says it grows with your child and sorry most kids aren't even close to a 100lbs before 4'9 if they even are 80 at 4'9.
Anyone know the new heights?

Kat_Momof3

my kids were both 100lbs at or before 4'9, but I don't know if Ruthie will do the same.

height will depend on torso height and I don't think they changed the height of the headrest.

(holly, if you don't find a turbo you like, you could go for a dreamtime... I loved how it fit Hannah... I know Abby is built differently, but I am not assuming which girl it's for)

Holly

I didn't like the dreamtime much. I bought one for Hannah right after we got our van and I really didn't like it. I didn't like how the height of the back adjusted and I didn't like the feel of the seat in general. Hannah did have a great fit in it though. I took it back the same day and got her a turbo then instead.

The next Turbo will be for Abby. She does great in a booster now, but I want her harnessed to 6. The Turbo will be a b-day present for her.

If I don't find something I like by then, I may get the Target one or I may just find a used cover that I like.

Kat_Momof3

that's what I figured (that it was for Abby, cause I thought I remembered that she was coming up on 6yrs old)

I wish the new turbos would come out already so we could see what fabrics will be available!

Holly

We ended up finding a Kaley NIB on ebay for $49 and free shipping, so we got that. I think I'm going to give it to her early, at the end of summer when school starts. She does really well in boosters, as good as Hannah, maybe even better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC