A great day, carseats and otherwise!

msg221

Went to visit a friend, J, with DH today. She and her ex husband were DH's bosses way back when DH and I first started dating (1992! :eek:) They owned the company he worked at. I like them both so much, so it was pretty hard when I learned they had split up. It was great to see J again as it has been 3 years since we last saw her!

Anyway, we went to see J as I said, and DH was helping her get some food out of her extra fridge in her garage when he noticed her brand new ride, a 2012 Kia Sorento. So DH called me out to look at it. Well of course I immediately noticed the SR30 in the back seat which her 10 month old grandson rides in. And I couldn't help myself - I asked her if she would mind if I checked the seat and explained that I'm a tech and I just wanted to make sure it could be installed in the center with LATCH. She said go right ahead. I read her vehicle's owner manual and confirmed that the seat can't be installed there. Her son in law had installed it for her. The base was loose and sliding quite a bit. I told her I could either install it with the seat belt in the center, or outboard with either LATCH or the seat belt. I finally had to put it outboard because it still slid around too much in the center, no matter how hard I tried to get it in tight. I showed her how to install it and get it in nice and tight. The harness straps were also set where I thought was likely way too low for a 10 month old (on the second slots from the bottom), so I moved them up and explained to her where they needed to be for RF. She was so grateful and even called her DD up so she could talk to me because she's now wondering if it is installed incorrectly in her DD's vehicle as well, since she is also using LATCH for a center install. She had to leave her a message, but I hope she gets back to me about it!

Last edited:
ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC