Belt guide on the Pria70

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I haven only seen one Pria in person, at a seat check. Myself and another tech were confused by the belt guide on the seat. The manual had no mention of it whatsoever (both of us and an instructor went through the manual page by page) but on the seat itself was a sticker saying the belt guide must be used. It also didn't indicate if the lap portion or both the lap and shoulder portions had to be routed in the guide.

What gives? Is that on all the seats or was it a flub in the earlier manuals?

ADS

thekatie

What belt guide? As in, to secure the Pria into the car? I'm looking at our Pria (we're driving home now) and it doesn't state in words that both the lap and shoulder part must be used, but one sticker shows both in use.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It was labeled "belt guide" in the RF belt path. The stickers were pretty unclear, and there was no mention in the manual, but the stickers said they MUST be used.

thekatie

Hmm, I'll have to look closer when we get home - I'm wedged in between the Pria and a Literider right now. It's hard to see the stickers clearly!

thekatie

I saw what you meant when we got home. The "belt positioning guide" in the belt path? I'm using LATCH, and since it ::does:: say on the sticker "When rear-facing the vehicle or LATCH belt MUST be threaded into the belt positioning guide as shown on both sides of the shell" I have the LATCH belt in them. You are right that the manual doesn't say anything about these guides, but the picture on the sticker looks to show both the lap and shoulder parts through it - it has two red lines coming out, so I as a parent would assume both parts of the vehicle belt must be through. I don't know if that's right... but I never thought about it, since I don't use the vehicle belt. Do you think that's something I (or other parents with a Pria) would need to contact Maxi-Cosi about?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC