6 year old in Frontier?

ADS

tam_shops

I have two friends w/ their large 6yo in them. Both kids love their seats.

1 kid is officially ASD and I suspect the other probably is, but I'm not close w/ the mom so have never asked (or been told), just my opinion as a special ed teacher.

My 6yo has started complaining about being in the GN--though he hates not being able to do the straps up/get out, which he's been able to do w/ his other seats.

tam

Phineasmama

My DD is 5 but she's taller than almost everyone in her class and as tall or taller than most of the kids in the class above her too :rolleyes:

She loves it! First and foremost because it's pink, that's her main criteria. And she uses the cup holders to hold many different things, like My Little Ponies and dandelions, and sometimes juice. She seems to find it very comfortable, I haven't heard any complaints. Oh and we just bought this for her like a couple weeks ago, she has several harness slots to go so I imagine she'll get a couple years out of it yet. She's 42-43 lbs and around 42" tall at her last dr appt I believe.

564679_3384716094900_1179420053_32761476_1866506021_n.jpg

DanaherMama

My Daughter Hannah turned 6 in March and has been in her FR85 for over a year. I don't have any pics at the moment but she absolutely loves it!

mominabigtruck

Ds2 loves his. He outgrew the regular frontier and I ended up buying an 85 to replace it. He is huge and although he's on the top slots he's not squished at all and loves the wings for sleeping. I was planning on passing it down to ds3 but I will probably get another since he's so attached to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

MommyShannon

DD is 6 (7 in June) and we just got her one during that last great wayfair deal. She loves it! Her torso is around 18" b/c she had outgrown the nautilus harness and had been using it in booster mode for a few months. We got it just in time for a road trip and it's so nice to sleep in she loves it. I will add though that we never are riding with other kids so there isn't any peer pressure that a harness is a "baby" seat. She knows carseats are important and sees other kids not riding in them, but never actually has discussions with other kids about them to sway her opinion.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My husband's granddaughter is 6 and rides in a Frontier. She loved it until recently and now has started griping about it being "too tight" (even if the straps are barely on) but she admitted when I called her out on it that she was lying because she wanted to be in a booster.

She is boostered in her parents' other cars, but she just had a baby brother born this weekend and with his car seat in the car buckling a booster becomes a serious logistical challenge so she's stuck in the Frontier in her mom's car until baby's infant seat can be a little more upright and moved to an outboard position.

But... I let her ride in a booster in my car the other day and she did really poorly in it. She was leaning way forward and turning to the side to look out the window. I kept having to tell her to sit back. Her mom was in the car too so I didn't want to correct her too much in the presence of her mom (that ought to be her job when she's there!) but next time I'm babysitting I'm going to have a serious booster talk with her. She can't ride in a FR forever, and I can't fit a FR in my Honda at all.

koda&phiasmama

I have a picture in the thread FR85 harness height it won't let be put it here because it's there?? But my son will be 6 in June and loves it .

Lemonade

DS rides in a FR80 and a FR85. He's tiny though. 44" w/ about a 16" torso. Only 37#. He's perfectly happy in both.

glockchick

Abi was 6 when this was taken. She's the super blonde one on the side. ;)

IMG_0065.jpg

Kaleigh will be 6 in August. No complaints other than that she'd rather be boostered. :rolleyes:

13a95930.jpg

myliljunebugs

My daughter loves hers. She will be 7 in June and her stats are in my siggy. Not sure on torso height but I am assuming somewhere around 17 inches. I can measure her tomorrow. There is a fairly recent pic of her in my siggy. She wears size 6/7 shirts.

bethng

Avery will be 7 in May. He still rides in a frontier and is as happy as a clam in it! Never even brings up a booster despite the fact that he rides in one in dads car. I dont think he even gives it a second thought. Thats just his seat in my van. He will stay in it until he outgrows it. I dont think he will have any objections anytime soon.

alake

We have them for our girls, and prosports. I have no preference to which seat, and neither do our girls. Summer has long legs, but a very short torso. She wears size 7 pants, and wears size 3 or 4 shirts. Her pants have to have the adjustable waist band, or they will never stay up. She weighs 47 pounds.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Leah's barely fitting in her FR80 and I'm half considering getting her an 85. She'd rather be in a booster, but oh well, too bad, so sad, she's a wiggly munchkin and won't sit still enough :rolleyes:

BeautifulChaos

She will be 6 in June. She loves it, but wants to be in a booster. I didn't like the booster fit on her, so back in the harness she went.
392065_10150931100645294_815005293_21847450_1762161512_a.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC