B-Safe and my Newbie

Notaclue

DD was born 4/19 and was 7lbs, 4oz, 20in long. When we went home she was down to 6lbs 10oz, and I actually had to move the slots up to the second slots! The first slots were WAY low on here. My only complaint was that it seemed really wide at the shoulders, but it still seemed to fit really well.

098.jpg

ADS

Stelvis

I loved it when DD was a newbie too!

Is baby on the second slots in that picture? Because you have to take out the insert once you move to the second slots -- the holes in the insert only line up with the first position.

What worked for us was to remove the insert and then thread the straps back through the first slot.

Also, you were saying it seems really wide -- I know someone on another forum had an insert that was defective -- the slots on the insert were wider set than the slots on the seat by about an inch. Check yours out and call Britax for a replacement if they don't line up.

Kat_Momof3

SO PRECIOUS when the thread first loaded all I saw was from the shoulders up and I swore she was a DOLL until I double checked... SO PRECIOUS!!

I love seeing properly harnessed newborns... and that sweet sweet doll face... I just wanna snuggle and smell her!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
OMG Squeeeeee :love: :love: :love:

That chest clip looks really wide. On a narrower baby it looks like it might make the straps too far apart.

Syllieann

Adorable! Congrats! My understanding from reading the manual is that the head pad can be used all the way to top slot. Instructions for changing slots say "do not remove comfort pad or chest clip when changing harness height". Maybe it has been changed from last year?

Stelvis

Syllieann said:
Adorable! Congrats! My understanding from reading the manual is that the head pad can be used all the way to top slot. Instructions for changing slots say "do not remove comfort pad or chest clip when changing harness height". Maybe it has been changed from last year?

By comfort pad, I'm pretty sure they mean the shoulder pads, not the insert. There would be no way for the insert not to drag the straps down if you were trying to use it with a higher position.

ETA: I reread the manual, and yes, "comfort pads" refers to the shoulder harness covers. The gray insert is called a "head pad."

Syllieann

By comfort pad, I'm pretty sure they mean the shoulder pads, not the insert. There would be no way for the insert not to drag the straps down if you were trying to use it with a higher position.

ETA: I reread the manual, and yes, "comfort pads" refers to the shoulder harness covers. The gray insert is called a "head pad."

It says "comfort pad" in the singular and continues w/ the following and a pic of the headpad still in the seat:
Ensure that the harness strap
is not twisted and rethread
the harness strap through the
head pad and then through
the appropriate harness height
slot in the cover and shell

From that I still feel they are talking about the head pad. They do call the harness covers comfort pads later on though so maybe I'm a little unclear about it. What page did you see that it says that it must be removed?

Stelvis

Syllieann said:
It says "comfort pad" in the singular and continues w/ the following and a pic of the headpad still in the seat:
Ensure that the harness strap
is not twisted and rethread
the harness strap through the
head pad and then through
the appropriate harness height
slot in the cover and shell

From that I still feel they are talking about the head pad. They do call the harness covers comfort pads later on though so maybe I'm a little unclear about it. What page did you see that it says that it must be removed?

Look in the manual on the page where they show you the names of the various parts of the seat. The diagram labels the shoulder pads as comfort pads and the gray insert as a head pad.

Syllieann

Look in the manual on the page where they show you the names of the various parts of the seat. The diagram labels the shoulder pads as comfort pads and the gray insert as a head pad.

Yes, I meant where do you see that the head pad must be removed?

Notaclue

Thanks ladies :)

I just went back and looked at my manual. I didn't have it with me at the hospital. Dh grabbed the seat from home and took the manual (that I had laid in the seat!) and threw it in a chair, so I had to rethread the harness by guesswork. Luckily it wasn't my first baby so I could figure it out pretty closely. Anyway, my manual says

"Ensure that the harness strap is not twisted and rethread the harness strap through the head pad and then through the appropriate harness height slot in the cover and shell"

I will double check to make sure the headpad's slots are not pulling the harness straps to the sides though. I think it's mostly the chest clip that makes it seem so wide!

lovemybabies924

Pulling this thread off because I played with a b-safe today and a chaperone. The straps of the B-safe are a good two to three fingers further apart than the chaperone. It did feel like it was the inserts fault tho

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC