Question Booster ?

mommy2girls

I'm nowhere near ready to booster my daughter full time, but I would like to start thinking about our options for future occasional use. She'll be starting kindergarten in the fall & having her booster trained would make the occasional carpool easier.

She is on the tiny side, so I don't know if there is even a booster that would fit her correctly. Maybe she'll have a big growth spurt by later this summer, but that doesn't seem very likely.
Her current stats are:
5 years old
Approx. 44 1/2 inches tall
33-34 lbs.
16 in. torso

She normally rides in a radian in each of our cars & a marathon in grandma's.

Any thoughts/recommendations for us, or should i just abandon this idea & readdress it after she turns 6 (which is my mental minimum for full time boostering)?

Thanks do much,
Jamie

ADS

Kat_Momof3

she's over 30lbs enough that (unless she gets REALLY sick and then you may need to weigh her before letting her use her booster) I'd be comfortable with booster training and at that age, I think it's a good idea to booster train for the purpose of "what-if" emergencies or times you mentioned.

I would get a Graco Turbobooster, Recaro Vivo, or Harmony Dreamtime and go ahead and train her.

Baylor

I have a ProBooster. It is a nice sturdy booster that has a minimum of 30lbs on it. It fits small kids really well.

It has nice head wings and sleeping in it is never a problem for my ds.

mommy2girls

Thank you both. I think I will take her to try these seats out before we buy one. I have both a BRU & a Buy Buy Baby nearby. The Harmony is sold at Wal-Mart, right?

We drive a 2011 Odyssey & a 2010 Civic (4 door), and grandma has a 2009 (or 10) Chevy Trailblazer. Anyone know of any quirks for booster fit in these vehicles? My oldest has been 5-stepped for awhile now, so I haven't had a booster in any of these vehicles.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a ProBooster. It is a nice sturdy booster that has a minimum of 30lbs on it. It fits small kids really well.

It has nice head wings and sleeping in it is never a problem for my ds.

Agreed. I love the fit of the ProBooster on my twins (they will be 5 next month). They both have a ProBooster for emergency daycare pick ups. The only quirk about it that I don't like for new booster riders is you can't lock the seat belt when it's in use....which is a nice trick when they are first booster training. However, a lot of people will say that if you have to lock the belt, they aren't ready for a booster.

Kat_Momof3

I have a probooster and I love it, too... I wasn't sure of your budget and since you said booster training, I thought... start with something inexpensive in case it ends up being a fail (aka, her not being ready)

BUT... since your budget is higher... I LOVE LOVE LOVE the probooster (it can be tippy in some vehicles depending on the seats in them, so watch for that (we have contoured captain's chairs in our van, so it is perfect)

and as many regulars on here know I love recaro boosters period... aka... I LOVE LOVE LOVE the vivo, too... it isn't as deep, but that's one reason I love it... no worry about IF your child's legs will bend at the edge... (my daughter had super short legs that JUST did when she was almost 6 and outgrew her Nauti by height)

I'm sad that it wasn't working well in dh's car (and since I scored the probooster, which is newer, I didn't keep it, but it helped a girl who was in an outgrown expired comfortsport until her parents can afford a new booster, so at least it's still being used in it's last year of use.

The vivo is a little more difficult to buckle sometimes, but it doesn't get tippy like the probooster sometimes does.

I also like the fit on narrow shoulders a bit better when they are younger in the vivo (the guides are a little closer together)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC