Help me decide: Turbo booster or Parkway SGL?

hahuston

Is the Parkway SGL really worth the extra money? If it is, I'll go that route. But if the added clip and the latch don't really add to the safety of the Parkway Booster, does the Graco Turbo booster make more sense?

I've been told by a few car seat safety techs that the Turbo booster is an excellent booster, but I seem to have an irrational and emotional attachment to the clip and the latch. :eek: I may need to get over it.

My ds will be 7 in June. We have a Britax Frontier, but I want to move my 4 year old dd into it (her BVLD is about to expire) and put ds in something narrower in the back row of our Sienna. DD will ride harnessed in the middle row where there is more room for the monster Frontier.

Thanks!

ADS

careynj

hahuston said:
Is the Parkway SGL really worth the extra money? If it is, I'll go that route. But if the added clip and the latch don't really add to the safety of the Parkway Booster, does the Graco Turbo booster make more sense?

I've been told by a few car seat safety techs that the Turbo booster is an excellent booster, but I seem to have an irrational and emotional attachment to the clip and the latch. :eek: I may need to get over it.

My ds will be 7 in June. We have a Britax Frontier, but I want to move my 4 year old dd into it (her BVLD is about to expire) and put ds in something narrower in the back row of our Sienna. DD will ride harnessed in the middle row where there is more room for the monster Frontier.

Thanks!

The PWSGL quite a bit taller than a Turbo booster.

Kat_Momof3

the parkway is taller, but keep in mind the shoulder guides are further out, so narrow shouldered kids may not fit well in it.

if the shoulders fit, I'd probably go with the parkway because it's taller, unless you are fine with switching them seats down the line (the frontier is taller, as well... it and the parkway are the two tallest boosters on the market)

hahuston

Paul is average height and weight for his age while Rachel is a peanut. Decisions...decisions.

Thanks for your responses!

Phineasmama

I have a Turbobooster as a backup seat for my 5yo, it fits her great right now and I can't see it fitting her that well once she gets older/taller. It is not a very tall booster I guess. It's nice, but I do wish it had LATCH because I hate having to buckle the seat belt again after I drop her off at school. She only rides in it for like 1/2 mile twice a week, otherwise I would have a booster with LATCH there.

glockchick

My almost 8 year old has just about outgrown her TB height wise but has plenty of room in the PW. Also, the pw is much more supportive for sleeping.

ETA: I just tried it and I fit in dd's pw. :eek: My shoulders are below the headrest on the highest setting and the top of my ears are before the top of the seat. I didn't check belt fit because the seats in the house. :p For reference, I'm 5' 5" but I admittedly have a crazy short torso.;)

Last edited:

kam1011

I'm assuming you have an older Sienna with two sets of Latch in the back? Because otherwise, you won't be able to use the latch anyway. My '11 (and the '12 as well) have offset center latch that doesn't line up with the seatbelts. If that's the case, the LATCH feature is of no use to you. (I really wish I could get a SGL in the back!!!)

My DD outgrew the turbobooster at 5.5yo. It's a good seat (we have 2), but the other negative to consider is how it falls apart when you move it vehicle to vehicle. This doesn't bother me because I can put it back together in about 10 seconds, but I worry about sending it with a child and having it fall apart on the other adult and them not being able to put it back on correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC