Have you ever dreamed about car seats!

tjham

I know someone who recently adopted three kids (2 boys, 5 and 8, a little girl, 2). What a wonderful thing to do! They were all in carseats or boosters, the last I knew, so I don't know why I had this dream!

I dreamed that I walked past their van and looked in (snooped ;) ) and there were NO carseats at all. I said something about, "Where's Mandi's carseat?" and the mom said "Oh, we don't bother with that anymore." and I walked away. Oh, there was one of those seat belt adjusters that bring the level of the shoulder belt down (not the kind that bring the lap belt up on the stomach.) So it was a rather detailed dream. :rolleyes:

I woke up thinking it had really happened and feeling so sad. Then I thought, that's not legal, I should report them to CPS. Then I fully woke and realized it was a dream. Whew!

ADS

JessicaS

I've been having a lot of carseat dreams lately. Mostly about uninstalling and reinstalling Anna's seat, and having problems getting it in properly. Like I just couldn't get it right somehow. I have that one a lot.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I dream about car seats all the time - maybe about once a week or so :eek:. It's usually about seat checks or something like that (although I also have dreams about being on message boards, but that's probably a whole 'nother issue ;))

ThreeBeans

Rather frequently. They are generally of the nightmare variety...trying to transport a child without the appropriate seat. They REALLY freak me out :rolleyes:

elle7715

All the freakin' time! We visited with some family last night and we talked about their three grandchildren. One is only 11 months old and has been forward facing for months, one is 18 months and has been forward facing for about a year, and the almost 4 year old is in a booster. So last night I dreamed I installed a Regent for the 4 yo, and BVs for the other two.
A REALLY common nightmare I have is that we're driving and DD is just in a regular seatbelt while I try to install her seat and get her in it without getting pulled over by the cop behind us. :confused:

Michi

I had a dream last week that I found out I was pregnant.
I remember the very first thing I thought of (in the dream) was ..."I can't wait to go carseat shopping, and put a ticker in my signature on the boards!" (How weird is that?!)

mommy2jana

I had one the other week. I had a dream that we were going to Hawaii again and for some reason DF wasn't going. He dropped us off at the airport, but forgot to take Jana's Marathon out of the car. I was freaking out because I couldn't get him to answer the phone and we were about to board the plane and I didn't want her on the plane without her carseat. I was also trying to figure out how I was going to get a carseat for her in Hawaii.

Mama2J

I dreamed that I bought a new Honda Pilot, and had to drive somewhere with 5 other kids for some reason (and for some reason had enough seats to go around!). So I was trying to figure out what seat would be best for what kid, and some of the kids came with boosters, but I put them in Regents. The younger ones came with carseats, but they were overhead shields, and I put them in Boulevards. I even had a Madison Regent for Justin's cousin. :love: Then I had to install 6 seats in my new car, which I don't even know if that's possible.

Tara

All that means is that you have been assimilated :)
Welcome to the carseat borg!!

Yes, had many a carseat dream...many.
Which seat? Which cover? Who where? And what about when that one moves out of that seat? And what about when another critter comes along? And and and hehe

Mostly it's fun, but it has a time or two, actually gotten on my nerves...only a time or two :D

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
All that means is that you have been assimilated :)
Welcome to the carseat borg!

LOL, just wait until we all start having the same dream as part of the carseat collective. ;) :D

Tara

LOL

Certainly there have been times...when someone posts some major dilemma and everyone gathers around to try to help...yeah...I'm sure several have shared the dream that evening.

Funny stuff!

southpawboston

wow. you ladies really are obsessed. i have never had a dream about carseats. i dream about projects i am working on that are car-related, (for example i installed a hitch this past weekend so i can transport my mom's electric wheel chair in a trailer, and i had a bad dream about not getting the hitch installed in time), and i have nightmares about the car getting towed because of forgetting about a snow emergency (no street parking allowed during a snow emergency), but, um... no carseat dreams. sorry...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC