Need Help QUICK!

koda&phiasmama

My DS is spending the night with family and i just tried to install his FR85 it's awful I can't get it to sit flat let alone tight at the belt path and there is a gap behind it. Can you recommend a cheap good LB or HB available at walmart he is 5.5 50lbs so I'm not worried about using a booster. They drive a suzuki Grand Vitara it does have head rests.

ADS

koda&phiasmama

Jessica61624 said:
A gap is perfectly fine. Can they just use the frontier as a booster? Flip the foot forward and sit on the harness?

Does the foot have to forward for booster mode? It looks really odd like that.

koda&phiasmama

Baylor said:
The foot goes back for booster mode, Not forward. It is forward for Harness isn't it?

This makes sense it looks much better without having to use the seat belt. I removed the head rest is that okay?

Baylor

From the Frontier? No. I don't think so. You are supposed to remove the screw in booster mode but not the head rest..

If you mean the vehicle headrest, I do that all the time.

Keeanh

Yeah, the Frontier installs like a FF Radian. Triangle gap at the back, especially if you're using SBP. Flip the foot forward with harness, back for booster mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC