He still fits in Cosco hbb (pics) & ?

Mama2J

We finally had opportunity for Justin to use the Cosco high back booster in Daddy's truck to go to the county fair. He seems to be about even with the top harness slots. So even if he can stay at the slots, he will have to use it as a booster in 4 more pounds. I am a bit nervous about this (but glad he doesn't use it that often).

My question is does this seat work well as a booster? Is it safe? Do you still use the tether for a booster? I don't think I can even put it in the center because I didn't see a shoulder belt there. It also seems kind of flimsy to me after using the Regent every day in my car.

On the way there:
IMG_5186.jpg

And on the way home:
IMG_5197.jpg

ADS

MomToEliEm

I have never used this seat in booster mode so I cannot tell you specifically if it makes a good booster or not. Just looking at the pictures, though, I am going to say it probably doesn't. It looks like the seatbelt might be held too far away from the child's body. When using a booster, the seatbelt needs to be resting comfortably over your child's shoulder, not pulled away from the body, like many combination type seats do.

I have a graco platinum cargo seat that I intended to use as a booster for my daughter, but when I switched out the seat to booster mode, I realized immediately that it would not work since the seatbelt was too far away from my daughter's body. I also hated the closed belt loop design on the seatbelt placement part of the seat.

My recommendation is to try the seat in booster mode and see how it fits. From the picture you posted, he still fits the harness, though if he has a growth spurt, he probably would not.

Mama2J

Yes I will try it when the time comes. I wish I had known something about carseats last year when my dh bought this. The only thing I told him was make sure it is something a 30-pound kid can fit in and has a harness! So he figured it was a good deal because it went to 80 pounds (but only 40 for the harness). He doesn't want to get another one because this one is so new/not used that often.

Another question: Anyone know when Cosco seats expire?

MomToEliEm

Another question: Anyone know when Cosco seats expire?

I am pretty sure that Cosco uses the 6 year expiration date from manufacturer date. They are pretty good about putting an expiration date somewhere on the seat so look for it to verify.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC