Took my 4 yr old for a booster ride yesterday.

Baylor

Its a Probooster. 30 lb 37 in minimum. So he is well within the limit. He is 4 yr 2 months. He's 49 lbs and 44 in tall.

We were going from my parents for ice cream and I wanted to see how he would do. My parents drove and I sat in the back of the car with him with him. 25 mph roads small town.

Amazingly he sat great and I only had to ask him to sit back a few times on the 4 min round trip.
It fit him well.

I am just glad I invested in the fr85. There is no way in heck I would ever drive around with him in the back of my car with him in a booster. He did fine with me right next to me and we talked about riding in booster and he was proud of himself. I'll probably over the next couple years let him take little trips like this here and there sparingly where I can ride in back with him but other than that, no way.

I'm in no rush to booster this child full time.

auto correct hates me

ADS

nevaehsmommy

I think it is a good idea to expose children to booster riding. Should for whatever reason, they have to ride in a booster they will have some idea of how to behave.

That being said my daughter has had booster rides and still can not sit still at nearly 6.

Oh and this thread needs a picture. :p

Baylor

I have to clean out my attachments first or upload it to photobucket but I have one of him in it.

I agree too because this kid is so big and I can't imagine any one else installing the fr85 in their car in a pinch I want him to be able to use the Probooster in a pinch. He is better than I thought he'd be.

auto correct hates me

Baylor

12f4ea25-1.jpg

This is him last week in it. We did not go anywhere that day. He just sat in it for picture. The ones I took yesterday were awful. all blurred you can not see belt well because of the jacket.. :(

He's playing my iphone right now but when he is done, I will see if I can clean one up.

Baylor

Well this is the best I have.

0edf5309-1.jpg

383c46d0-1.jpg

He was turned at that point in the last picture. It did look good and fit him well. I tried to take pics. but I was strapped in too. Other thing is that he can get out in a flash and I would not want that when he was behind me.

aeormsby

Looks like he fits great!

I did the same thing with my 4yo a couple days ago. He's 4y4m & is 36lb. We dropped DD off at school and I had DH's truck with the Vivo in it and thought WTH, lets try it (and that way I didn't have to stand on the street side to buckle him in his FR). So it was for less than a mile and he did great. (he asked if it was OK to move his feet after I told him he had to sit still).

Brianna

Well I'd say that's a pretty good belt fit! I'm glad he did mostly ok for you so that you could booster him in a pinch.

Baylor

I think you have to at some point.. Anyone reading this would probably think "this can not be the same person who arrived her so anti boostering before the age of 12" lol...

But especially with the size of my son, If it was not for the Fr85 he would have to be booster training because nothing else would fit him in a month or two. He is shooting up like nuts!

Im going to try the GN as a booster next. I am thinking with all the broohaha about the Monterey headrest issue, I think I feel better using the GN as a booster til I look into it further.

Baylor

Well I'd say that's a pretty good belt fit! I'm glad he did mostly ok for you so that you could booster him in a pinch.

I thought so too but now I do the, Okay not to high, Wait!! Is it to low??? thing..
The last few months on the boards has my mind spinning!!

Like I said he will not be riding alone in a booster for a long time, But I will keep testing him from time to time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC