Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Britax Boulevard 70 CS in 2004 Camry?

My 6 month old is almost at the height limit for his chicco keyfit 30 carseat. I've done some research and I'm leaning towards the Britax Boulevard 70 CS, but i'm concerned that it won't fit into my 2004 Toyota Camry rear-facing. Anyone have any experience with the Boulevard in their Camry... or any sedan for that matter?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

We had a advocate cs installed rf in my moms 2011 Camry and it didn't give the driver a ton of room! We are all short so it wasn't a big deal and I didn't try it in the middle ever so I'm not sure if you could maybe have it center instead. Just a heads up, it was a pain to find the latch anchors so give yourself a lot of time!

I've had a classic marathon in a 2003 with plenty of room, even behind the driver. I think you should have lots of space with the more compact new generation Britax. Remember that it can be installed more upright for a child with good head control (allowed range is 30 to 45 degrees from vertical).

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

Yeah, our blvd65( I'm not sure how they compare) fit in our '02 great! Not to derail you, but if your baby is that big already, have you considered a seat that is taller than the MA? We got tired of hoisting my 2.5 petite one in the blvd and hitting her head so we ended up with a RN. anyway, from what I gathered on my research, britax are shorter shells so tend to fit in most sedans and fit in our Prius too... Good luck! Dh finds britax installs dreamy.
    Annora

The girl: 36in, 30 lbs RF in R120 or EFTA
    The boy: 29 in, 23 lbs RF in Britax Boulevard 65