Britax ff lock-off evolution

crunchierthanthou

When did they go from

-red to black?

-black slot style to black knob style?

I'm quite sure all the red ones are expired.

I think it's getting close for all the black slot style. I know for sure my May 07 had knob style, and my Feb 05 had slot. I can't remember which style my Aug 06 had.

Can anyone help me narrow it down further?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

slot = you pressed a lever on one side to open, and slid the belt into the narrow lock-off. The mechanism was wider than the webbing.

knob = you rotated a handle and one small knob held the belt in place by pinning it against the shell.

crunchierthanthou

Reds are definitely all expired - Wendy and I had this conversation a couple months ago.... I think they were last made around 04.

That's what I was thinking- they were all expired in 2010.

I went into my photobucket. My Aug 06 RA was definitely knob style (May 07 MA in foreground)

side_seatbelt.jpg

Here's a picture of the older ones (on right, obviously)-

sidesupright-1.jpg

I can't remember what date that RA was. We were borrowing it after our CCO was crashed until the RA55 was released. I know it was expired yet (Aug 2010), but it was close.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
OH I have a Roundabout at the shop right now with slot lockoffs - totally forgot about it. It expired right around Christmas 2011 so that makes it an 05. The grandparents brought it to me on the DAY it expired to have it installed for their grandkids visiting for Christmas, it was pretty funny actually. They made the decision to use it for the week anyway, which hey I probably would've done too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC