When is the Recaro Como shipping?

lovinwaves

I think a lot of the online dealers are getting them sooner the the brick and mortar stores.

Online dealers ARE Brick and mortar stores.... ;) So there is no difference.

I would technically be an "online dealer" since I sell them online, but the owner of Baby on the Go also has a Brick and Mortar store. Most all Companies require a dealer to have a Brick and Mortar store.

ADS

JessicaS

I really just wanted to see them... I don't know why he is getting them that late but he claims to have just gotten off the phone with Recaro about it. If I was actually going to buy one of course I'd go through LovinWaves. ;)

chickenman

they are sending me a catalog and so forth, but that is the information i recieved from recaro or a rep from recaro, so i guess we will see, i agree it doesnt make much since that they can say you can tether it rear facing and not provide and approved d ring

lovinwaves

they are sending me a catalog and so forth, but that is the information i recieved from recaro or a rep from recaro, so i guess we will see, i agree it doesnt make much since that they can say you can tether it rear facing and not provide and approved d ring

Some vehicles have rear-facing tethering hooks, therefore you don't need to use the d-ring extender ;)

natysr

I can't wait to see one in person and play with it and try to justify why I need a 4th carseat for my one child.

Since SK allows the use of Britax chest clip, I wonder if Recaro would allow the use of a Britax Versa tether. I just so happen to have an extra one. Probably premature to ask that.

I absolutely love the Blush cover. It makes me want to have a girl. I normally do not like "girly" covers as they are too foofy for my taste, but the Blush is not over done in my opinion. It is like femimine/sporty.

southpawboston

Since SK allows the use of Britax chest clip, I wonder if Recaro would allow the use of a Britax Versa tether. I just so happen to have an extra one. Probably premature to ask that.

highly doubtful. a chest clip is a standalone piece that is not part of the carseat. the versatether is designed to attach to two points on the britax shell. all other carseats have one center attachment point for the top tether. so there's probably no way that you could use a versatether with anything other than a britax.

chicagodawn

ok, what stinks is that recaro seemed to keep saying they could be tethered rf, at least that is what I found in my research before deciding to order a como. I do have a spare britax d-ring - that is all that would be needed, right? you wouldn't need the entire britax tether.

But I would be very hesitant to tether against the manufacturers instructions.

I have one como on pre-order (from lovinwaves:)), planned to order a second once I was certain I would like it. But I want my daughter tethered rf, so will just go with another BV, and use the Como for my 3 year old son who is already ff. I guess my dh was right to discourage me from ordering the adorable Blush color, and getting something that would work with both kiddos instead :D

I am still excited about the como, but bummed about tethering rf. This will really keep them from fully competing with Britax, in my opinion (but what do I know, I am generally just a lurker!)

Dawn

Ben 6-15-04 (guess I am getting a como!)
Susanna 2-13-07 (getting a Shannon cover for my brother's BV!)

southpawboston

IMHO, if (and that's a big IF) recaro doesn't supply a D-loop for RF tethering, yet they will allow RF tethering, then there's nothing stopping you from using a britax D-loop. this is my reasoning: there is neither federal regulation nor even loose standards for what constitutes an RF tether anchor. it can be any old piece of metal under the seat that YOU as teh parent find to be acceptable (regardless of whether it's ACTUALLY safe IRL). without any such standard, you are free to create your own anchor point which you feel to be safe. if that means using the britax D-loop, then so be it. i don't see how that could be frowned upon from an "official" stance.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
IMHO, if (and that's a big IF) recaro doesn't supply a D-loop for RF tethering, yet they will allow RF tethering, then there's nothing stopping you from using a britax D-loop. this is my reasoning: there is neither federal regulation nor even loose standards for what constitutes an RF tether anchor. it can be any old piece of metal under the seat that YOU as teh parent find to be acceptable (regardless of whether it's ACTUALLY safe IRL). without any such standard, you are free to create your own anchor point which you feel to be safe. if that means using the britax D-loop, then so be it. i don't see how that could be frowned upon from an "official" stance.

I'm glad to hear/read this. I don't know how tethering a Recaro seat with the D-loop would be any different than tethering a Britax seat with the same loop. I have a great spot to tether to in my car in the outboard positions, but need a D-loop for the center seat. Right now I have my DD2's Britax seat tethered using the D-loop from DD1's Radian, and I'm very comfortable doing that since both seats use tethers made my IMMI, so they are the same thing.

lovinwaves

As of right now Recaro will not be supplying a D-ring.

I will be using my extra Britax D-ring for my new Recaro's. It is no different to me. :thumbsup:

All D-ring is to me is an extension of the Tether. Since Recaro allows rf'ing tether I have no problems using my Radian's or Britax's.

When I spoke to Recaro about it, she did not say I couldn't use it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

chicagodawn

ooh, ok good to hear that you think it is ok to use my Britax d-ring. I will have to play around once a get the como and decide which seat works best for which kiddo.

I swear, I am either getting a Blush Como or a Shannon BV cover too, dh thinks I am insane:D

lovinwaves

ooh, ok good to hear that you think it is ok to use my Britax d-ring. I will have to play around once a get the como and decide which seat works best for which kiddo.

I swear, I am either getting a Blush Como or a Shannon BV cover too, dh thinks I am insane:D

I will have a Blush Como on this first shipment coming on Friday. :D

I am thinking about the Blush as well....hmmm....I bet Dh will be ok with :)

chicagodawn

I have a cobalt coming from you, wish I didn't know Blush was still available;) I intended the como for Susanna originally, but with the 19 inch top slots, DH was thinking our son might end up with it eventually, hence Cobalt instead of blush.

I have no idea why I am so into girly carseats all of a sudden. They are just so darn cute, as cute as the pink Maclarens!

mom2riley

Will all the pre-orders be on this 1st shipment? I am just so excited. Also was wondering if you happen to have an extra midnight desert. I am just waiting to get the blush before I decide on a Como or Regent for DS. :love:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
yes, but VERY few cars have RFTA's... some GMs, a couple fords, and some volvos are all that i know of.

Umm, actually, you are not supposed to top tether any seat rfing in Volvos. The have a system called WHIPS in the front seats that is incompatible. The Swedish seats made use the exhisting hooks are different than the US ones.

Kimberly

lovinwaves

Will all the pre-orders be on this 1st shipment? I am just so excited. Also was wondering if you happen to have an extra midnight desert. I am just waiting to get the blush before I decide on a Como or Regent for DS. :love:

YES and YES!! I have Como's and Signo's in every color :)

Let's just say we have ALOT of seats coming :love:

lovinwaves

I have a cobalt coming from you, wish I didn't know Blush was still available;) I intended the como for Susanna originally, but with the 19 inch top slots, DH was thinking our son might end up with it eventually, hence Cobalt instead of blush.

I have no idea why I am so into girly carseats all of a sudden. They are just so darn cute, as cute as the pink Maclarens!

LOL!! I know, I can't believe I am considering a Blush for DD :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC