Car seat techs?

Wackmamma

Just a quick question.

I am assuming that the techs work like consultants, and are not volunteering their services?

What is the standard rates?

Thanks
Dana

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Most techs are either volunteers or are a tech as part of their job, but not AS their job (i.e., police officer, firefighter). There are some techs who work directly with parents and charge for their services, but that amount varies greatly based on many factors.

luckyclov

Most techs are either volunteers or are a tech as part of their job, but not AS their job (i.e., police officer, firefighter). There are some techs who work directly with parents and charge for their services, but that amount varies greatly based on many factors.
Yeah, that.

I'm strictly a volunteer tech - I am not a tech affiliated through employment/profession and I do not charge.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I too am strictly volunteer. I do sometimes get tips from parents but I certainly do not expect nor require it. I just want kids to be safe :)

Can we help you find someone to help you?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Just a quick question.

I am assuming that the techs work like consultants, and are not volunteering their services?

What is the standard rates?

Thanks
Dana

You saw the responses to your specific Delica questions? you have a tech waiting to help you :)

racesmom

Senior Community Member
Volunteer here too. I've been paid $25 in over 10 years and that was for travel expenses for a city event.

I did receive a nice bouquet of flowers one time from a new mom having trouble with her seat. That was super nice!

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I am required by my department (fire) to do all work as volunteer... I cannot accept tips or money/gifts at all. I had one mom slip $20 into my clipboard as she was signing the waiver. I found it that night. It bought a booster and more pool noodles for the program...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I ask that parents make a donation independently instead, though I've had parents slip me a tip or goody in a thank-you card etc., which I generally at that point accept.

Suzibeck

I was shocked to learn that my local SafeKids pays $50 per check, if you work the entire check from set up to clean up and are not doing the check as part of your work. I will do my first check with them on Monday, but I have to do 3 for free because they paid for my tech class. After that, I'm not sure how I will handle it as I fully planned on being a volunteer. I'm thinking I may use what I earn to buy seats to donate.

bethng

I get $100 per event I work. If I do a private check I do not accept money. I didnt go into this for the money....its a labor of love!

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC