Question Installing Frontier 85 in Buick Enclave?

Alabamamom

I attempted to install my Frontier 85 using the lap shoulder belt in the short path installation (long path was too long) in a Buick Enclave with captain's chairs. The Frontier feels secure (less than 1 inch wiggle) but there is a significant gap between the back of the Frontier and the car seat. The seat is slightly reclined. No matter what I attempt this is the closest I can get the seat to sit? See photos. Am I ok? Should I worry? I've searched and can find no instructions for how to remove the headrest and am not sure this would even help? Does it look like I've installed correctly? Also, is it safe to install using both LATCH and the short belt path? My daughter does exceed the LATCH only limit for my vehicle. I did use the tether anchor. Couldn't I get a extra secure fit if I use both LATCH and the belt or is there some safety reason not to?

Attachments

• IMG_2750.jpg
    IMG_2750.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 10
ADS

Baylor

Uninstall it use your knee and push the front of the fr into the back of the seat it back into the seat. Sometimes the recline foot gets hooked on front of seat.

auto correct hates me

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
To answer your question about using LATCH and the seatbelt at the same time, the answer is that it is not permitted. It should be in your Frontier's manual. I'll try to find the section for you. Either it's been tested using both and failed, or it hasn't been tested that way and thus can't be installed like that. :)

ETA: Wendytthomas has a good explanation in this post for why LATCH and the seatbelt shouldn't be used together: http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=991189&postcount=2

The Warning section on page 2 of the Frontier manual is where the wording of "or" for using the vehicle belt and anchorage system (LATCH) is.

Last edited:

Alabamamom

Thanks for the information about using both LATCH and the seatbelt. Makes sense! I'll stick with the seatbelt only! Any thoughts on the gap between the seat and the Booster? I tried reinstalling to make sure the foot wasn't caught on the seat and even got the long path to work however it wiggled more than in the short path and still had a gap!?

Baylor

The LBP is pretty solid. It uses almost all if not all of seat belt. You just have to feed what ever is left back into retractor.

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC