Loving my CPST course!

PikkuMyy

...and the fun hasn't even begun yet :D

I'm the only civilian and only woman in my class. It's filled with firefighters and a few police officers.

I'm fairly new at c-s.org and haven't posted much yet, but I got labeled as "one of Kecia's" by the lead instructor (a friend of Kecia's) because I apparently know too much. I admitted to reading car-seat.org every night. lol

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! I'm so excited to finally become a certified CPST!

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Glad you're having fun! He called me this morning and said "I think I have one of yours in this class". It's a smart Lead Instructor who can spot a boardie on the morning of day 1! Although truthfully, we're not hard to spot. We usually stick out! :p

PikkuMyy

Glad you're having fun! He called me this morning and said "I think I have one of yours in this class". It's a smart Lead Instructor who can spot a boardie on the morning of day 1! Although truthfully, we're not hard to spot. We usually stick out! :p

Haha! He told me he called you...twice I think! :p I'm trying not to let all my knowledge burst out so the guys have a fair chance.

Ladyl

Yay! That's awesome! :D

I feel like a complete odd ball in my class and am sort of regretting not waiting and spending more money so I could take it with Kecia (I would have had to stay in a hotel to do that). I kind of wish I got spotted! But I do like my instructors.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yay! That's awesome! :D

I feel like a complete odd ball in my class and am sort of regretting not waiting and spending more money so I could take it with Kecia (I would have had to stay in a hotel to do that). I kind of wish I got spotted! But I do like my instructors.

Awww.... I feel special that people would even consider traveling just to be in one of my classes. FWIW, the oddball feeling is totally normal and should be expected. Don't let it bother you.

Is your class this week too? Who are your instructors?

HaileysMommy

It's weird already knowing stuff and taking that class. I had to try not to answer every question and give others a chance lol I just finished mine up a few weeks ago.

Ladyl

Awww.... I feel special that people would even consider traveling just to be in one of my classes. FWIW, the oddball feeling is totally normal and should be expected. Don't let it bother you.

Is your class this week too? Who are your instructors?

Yup! Just finished up toady! The check was the best part and was a lot of fun. I'm surprised that we had no firefighters in the class, but the vast majority were law enforcement. My instructors were Kevin Morgan, Hal Wittner, and Christine Muss.

ETA: Oh, and Hal left early so Donna Adams stepped in.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yup! Just finished up toady! The check was the best part and was a lot of fun. I'm surprised that we had no firefighters in the class, but the vast majority were law enforcement. My instructors were Kevin Morgan, Hal Wittner, and Christine Muss.

I've never taught with any of those instructors but I hope they all met or exceeded your expectations. Congratulations on completing the course and welcome to the "NY State Boardie Techs Club". :thumbsup:

KaiLing

That's the team I took it with. I felt like a big giant weirdo. But that's OK. (I didn't come to class with my radian installed, however.)

(And if we're going to have a club can someone please explain to me how we're supposed to document the extra things we have to do for NY state that's above and beyond safe kids when we're in a region without safe kids and we took the class in a different region and we're just lowly non-firefighting non-policing volunteers? I've got a year to figure that out, but it's perplexing!)

PikkuMyy

I bet the class on Long Island will be awesome next week! Pat, Tom and Kecia? Sounds like a recipe for fun. :D

I got to try an older SK Radian 65 in my car today. That was exciting, even though it didn't work out the way I had hoped. My rear center seating position is horribly narrow. :( At least I can say I've played with a Radian now! Hah!

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
That's the team I took it with. I felt like a big giant weirdo. But that's OK. (I didn't come to class with my radian installed, however.)

(And if we're going to have a club can someone please explain to me how we're supposed to document the extra things we have to do for NY state that's above and beyond safe kids when we're in a region without safe kids and we took the class in a different region and we're just lowly non-firefighting non-policing volunteers? I've got a year to figure that out, but it's perplexing!)

you are getting your education hours in next week! ;)

Ladyl

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

I have lots of questions about forms and such. I will probably pm you in the next few days, if that offer extended to me too! :)

OP, sorry for hi-jacking your thread!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC