Which seats?

Dillipop

I have a couple months to figure this out, but I need to choose which seats to bring on our trip out to Utah in July. We'll likely be picked up from the airport in Salt Lake in a Honda Odyssey. 1.5 hour trip up to Logan. Then 2 days later, we head down to Lake Powell, which is about 7 hours. For this trip, the 5 of us will likely be split between family members' vehicles, since we're not renting a car to let it sit in Southern Utah for a week while we're on a boat. When we get dropped off in Salt Lake, we'll likely rent a compact or intermediate car for our last 24 hours.

My original plan was to take the CCO for the baby, but she is right at an inch now, so that is out. I think we'll bring the Shuttle33 instead, as it fits into tight spaces and is easy to carry. So that baby is taken care of, I just have to figure out the boys.

DS1 will be 9, weighs about 55 pounds and is around 52 or 53 inches. He mainly rides in a HBB, but has use a NBB in the past. He would prefer a HBB, but I think he'll do fine in a NBB for this trip.

DS2 will be just shy of 6. He's about 45 pounds and 44 inches. He mainly rides in a harness, but does really well in a HBB on the occasions we've used them.

My original plan was to take the back to our turbo and once we get to Utah, attach it to the NB turbo we left behind last time. They are actually the mates to each other but we took the back home with us last time we were there to use with our NB here. Clear as mud, huh? So, we'd bring the back, take the large RSTV with us, and either take the cosco topside or buy a bubblebum to take with us.

That would get us to Logan with ds2 in the topside and ds1 in the RSTV. Then for the trip to LP, ds1 would be in the topside and ds2 would be in the HBTB.

Would you do this or suck it up and take a radian for ds2 and have ds1 use the highback turbo if he fits? I want them to be safe but I am also very tempted with only having to travel with 1 seat.

Any other ideas I didn't think about? WWYD if you were me?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC