When did your baby have a great fit in the ss/sr32/sr35?

krfogle88

Shes 2 months now and with the insert her shoulders are right at the bottom slot. Is this normal? I still feel she needs to grow a little more to have a perfect fit... I didnt have this issue with dd1. She was in her ss and fit properly at 4 weeks.

ADS

kitkatkc

We have a SR30, and I actually got it because I tend to have small babies. My DD was my biggest, and at just over a week went home in the SR on the second set of straps, I want to say. She was just over 7 lbs. She is 15 lbs now, and just now fits in the 3rd (from the bottom) set and has one more left. The slots are 7.5, 8.5, 11 and 13 in on our seat.
Are the straps vastly different on the various models? (again, I have small kids, so I was never really worried about the upper limits, I got the 30 because I found a really good deal on it)

gigi

Mine was over 8 lbs at birth and 90% for height and still didn't fit well until 7-8 months. The straps were just barely at her shoulders at birth and I had to use receiving blankets by her head and crotch strap for 3-4 months. She has a short torso and is so skinny. If the crotch buckle moved back an inch or a little more, it would have fit very well from early on. But now at 10 months she still has 4-5 inches above her head, which is nice.

This was in a T35 (SR35 clone).

Last edited:

tiggercat

Sam fit great in his SR32 from birth, but he was 10lb and long bodied.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

lovemy2kidstw

Both of mine fit great in SR22's from birth. DD was 8'2 & DS was 8'10 both had long torsos.

ETA: DD was 21.75 in & DS was 21 in

Last edited:

Jessica61624

My friend had a SS1 with all three of her kids. They were 5lbs, 6lbs and 7lbs and some odd OZ. They never fit well in the SS1. She ended up buying a SR30 when he youngest was 2 weeks because the fit was so bad.

amyd

My 7lb 7oz, 19" baby fit fine at birth. Much better than my 8lb 3oz er did in the SR22.

atw

Sr 22- ds awesome from birth at around 8 lbs, ddnever. Never. I almost threw I'm the towel on that seat for her, it never fit her shorter but avg wt body to my liking. Ds is typical and evenly proportioned, and it's not been an issue.

cpsaddict

Mine were 7lbs and 7lbs10oz and both fit perfectly at birth. I will say that I am not a fan of getting newborns into any car seat. It's just awkward, really.

emtb79

Nate didnt really fit well at birth and not for about 4 weeks and then I had to send the seat back to get replaced.

ETA: Now I can barely carry around the seat and him. I cant wait for my check from the cosignment sale so I can buy my stroller so I can just put him in his stroller and not have to even lift him out of his base.

Last edited:

arly1983

Wow, my babies must have long torsos.

They fit really well right from birth and well over the bottom slots on the SS1.

DD was 7.6 and DS was 8.4

Really, though, I have never seen such a great fit on tiny ones as the Keyfit but then I don't see alot of exotic infant seats here. :p

krfogle88

The keyfit was a worse fit for her :(. The only seat that seems to fit her right is the chaperone and she is just at the bottom slot without the insert...

Spam

A and E fit from birth great, T took a little longer, maybe a month or so. I didn't like the kf fit on T at all, but it works pretty well on E. E is on the second slots of the sr35 and kf30, almost even with the top when I first place him in the seat, but he settles to a little below it, he's 5 months. In the Chaperone he was on the second or third to the top setting.

Little Ps Mama

DS1 was 6 pounds, 3 ounces at birth and was below the lowest shoulder slot setting when he came home in his SS. At the time I didn't know enough to realize that was a bad fit.

DS2 was 7 pounds 10 oz and fit right at the lowest shoulder slot setting in the same seat at birth.

lovemybabybug

I had a SR 32, old style with no insert, just the head pillow, and she fit right from birth. She was 20 1/2 inches, 7lbs 10 oz. The straps were slightly bellow her shoulders ( ignore the low chest clip, I knew nothing about car-seats back then).

CIMG4400.jpg

libranbutterfly

Rayne duty great in her snugride30 from birth. She was actually on the second shoulder height. She is still right at the second strap, or a little over, depending on the diaper.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Car-Seat.Org

VoodooChile

I had a SR22 and I'm sure dd's fit was rotten, I just didn't know better yet. She was pretty little (5 lbs 10 oz, 19ish inches), but had a pretty long torso as a baby. With ds I knew better what to look for--he was heavier and longer, and I put a rolled-up washcloth by the crotch strap, so the fit wasn't atrocious. I didn't love the seat and moved both of them out of it at around 5 months. That's how I knew ds had a longer torso as a baby, b/c he could fit into a classic MA that young! Neither of them have particularly long torsos now.

PunkyMonkey

View attachment 16288

My DD at 2 weeks old, in our SR35.... Chest clip should have been higher but the straps were perfect! She was 8 lbs 10 oz at birth!

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse autocorrects!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC