FR85 haness height?

koda&phiasmama

My DS will be 6 in June I'm not sure of his exact height but his head is over the shell of the frontier but the harness is just above his shoulders already ? So because it's no re-thread what does this mean.... Do I have to booster him? I'll snap a pic and measure him later tonight if need be :)

ETA: my iPhone never fails to miss my spelling errors in the title!

Last edited:
ADS

Baylor

Are you sure you are at the top of the Harness height? Its 20 inches. Did you try to raise it more?

koda&phiasmama

Jessica61624 said:
So he's on the highest harness position? I just want to make sure I'm understandinh correctly.

No I can put it up like 2 more notches but it's already able his shoulders where it's at so am I allowed to raise more do his head won't be over it? Then the straps would be considerably above his shoulders not just above. Does that make sense?

featherhead

No I can put it up like 2 more notches but it's already able his shoulders where it's at so am I allowed to raise more do his head won't be over it? Then the straps would be considerably above his shoulders not just above. Does that make sense?

Adjust the headrest so he is using the correct harness slots, the ones just above his shoulder. It is ok if the top of his head is above the top of the headrest. As long as the top of his ears are still below the top of the headrest.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
What does the manual say? "Above" or "just above"?

In general, "too far above" is not a concern, but the F85's manual may contradict that if it is specific about using the closest spot to the child's shoulders.

Pixels

Sounds like everything is correct the way it is. Harness at or above the shoulders, top of the ear not above the top of the seat.

Phineasmama

You're totally fine, looks like he has plenty of growing room! It doesn't matter if the top of his head is peeking over the shell.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That is perfect!! The "wings" seem to be at a perfect height for his head and the straps are above the shoulders, so you are good!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC