My kid peed in his Radian

Mom2three

My XH brought my kids back to me with 4 days worth of dirty clothes and a pee soaked Radian. Lovely.
So, I've got the cover off and washed the cover, wiped straps down with water and a few drops of baby soap, and cleaned the shell. What do I do with the memory foam? It stinks.
Also, I would guess diluted vinegar is out for the straps, but would sitting them out in the sun help get rid of the lingering urine smell or will I need to order a new harness?
I would tell him to get his own seats but then I would hazard a guess that they would roll around in the back of his pickup with nothing. But I am sick of all of my seats being brought back so disgusting every time he takes them.

ADS

Jessica61624

For the crotch strap I'd use a small amount of laundry soap on a wet wash cloth and wash it that way. Then rinse. The foam I'd soak for an hour or so in a mix of water and baking soda.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Something got on my memory foam, I just trashed it. It's not required (the pad under the bum, right?) so if you want to order a new one you can use it without while you wait for replacement.

You'd be surprised how much a good airing-out can get out of straps. I'd rinse them really thoroughly under gently running cold water, lay in towels and press to remove excess water, and then air-dry in the sun for at least a day or two. Then reassess.

Joyofbirth

Could you buy cheap seats to send with him? That way if they get ruined, you're not out a lot of money. We've had pee sit in seats. When my dd would have an accident and not tell me. Airing in the sun has always worked. Hope your seat is all fresh when you've finished.

cmcki737

Joyofbirth said:
Could you buy cheap seats to send with him? That way if they get ruined, you're not out a lot of money. We've had pee sit in seats. When my dd would have an accident and not tell me. Airing in the sun has always worked. Hope your seat is all fresh when you've finished.

This is a really good idea bc allot of cheaper seats have less foam and padding and usually the covers come off pretty easy for cleaning.

mlohry

My DD peed in our MA70 a couple times when training, but thankfully it just got on the cover and memory foam, not on the straps. I washed the foam and cover and then set the foam out to dry in the sun, worked great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC