Vent Frustrated with radian...

tl01

I so want to love the radian... But it nevers seems to work well for me. I have owned 6 of them since 2007 for my two boys. I currently own three. I have two angle adjusters and I still am not happy.

The install is never perfect. On my new car it starts out fine but once the child has been in the seat for a bit... It begins to recline more. DH an I are tall and need leg room in the front seat. Even with the angle adjuster the seat is problematic. With it installed in the center... DS pushes off the seat next to him and the seat ends up super tilted... No matter how tight it is at the beginning. The angle adjuster squishses so much over time and that ruins the install too. Ugh... I'm just so frustrated.

ADS

canadiangie

Yes, I understand. I have AA squish happening, too. Glad I'm not just imagining things in that regard.

Are you installing with latch or belt? If belt, with a LC or locked belt?

tl01

Yes, I understand. I have AA squish happening, too. Glad I'm not just imagining things in that regard.

Are you installing with latch or belt? If belt, with a LC or locked belt?

I use the belt. Since the whole super latch fiasco on the radian... I just feel better about the belt. I use a locked belt. I could use a locking clip which might help with the tilt but I think it will likely end the same bc ds pushes it into the split btwn the seats... The 60/40 split. I wish there was a way to avoid the AA squishing.

tl01

Absolutely switch to a locking clip. :)

I think I'm just over the radian for now.... Unless I can resolve the AA issue. I don't want my kids next to each other in the car even though DS1 wants DS2 next to him and the tilting issue is the problem in the center. Seems like there's way more noise coming from the back seat when they sit next to each other ;). He was only in the center bc of the recline issue in the outboard seat.

christineka

I love my radians to pieces, but there was a time when I was over the radian and it's over-recline issues in the spot where I wanted it. I got a tfp instead and it's a great seat- if a 35 pound rfing limit works for your child.

I'm back with my radian. I found that the old style boot resolved my install problems.

tl01

I love my radians to pieces, but there was a time when I was over the radian and it's over-recline issues in the spot where I wanted it. I got a tfp instead and it's a great seat- if a 35 pound rfing limit works for your child.

I'm back with my radian. I found that the old style boot resolved my install problems.

We have a tfp. Sadly it's too wide for center position next to our frontier and takes up too much space from front to back for me to be comfy sitting in front of it. I almost wish I had a regular tf... But I do like the arb.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC