S/O Clek combination seat?

jjordan

Anyone know if Clek has any plans to make a combination seat? I was reading about their REACT technology in the latest Foonf thread, and I'm thinking that it would be nice to have in a combination seat...

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Someone asked when the Foonf came to town. Of course they won't really say what their future plans are, but I didn't get the impression that they have one in the pipeline.

Syllieann

I would be so stoked to see a clek combo seat. I don't think the foonf top slot is high enough for me to justify buying it for ff only (for my 95th percentile kids) but if they had something w/ capacities like the fr85 and clek-ish features I'd be all over it.

NannyMom

I asked Chris at Kidz In Motion and was told there would be no combination seat. He said something about the quality of the booster would suffer.

Syllieann

I asked Chris at Kidz In Motion and was told there would be no combination seat. He said something about the quality of the booster would suffer.

That's interesting. I very much get the impression that clek designs to make the best rather than what will sell the most or even maximize revenue, which I like. I wonder if a ff harness seat, not combo, would be possible. Then they could really zero in and make it the best at the 1 thing it does...just thinking out loud and hoping Clek is reading this, hehe.

featherhead

That's interesting. I very much get the impression that clek designs to make the best rather than what will sell the most or even maximize revenue, which I like. I wonder if a ff harness seat, not combo, would be possible. Then they could really zero in and make it the best at the 1 thing it does...just thinking out loud and hoping Clek is reading this, hehe.

Apparently with the Foonf they wanted to make the best forward-facing seat they could, and then within that make the best rear-facing seat they could. SO I don't think you're going to get better than that.

Jessica61624

featherhead said:
Apparently with the Foonf they wanted to make the best forward-facing seat they could, and then within that make the best rear-facing seat they could. SO I don't think you're going to get better than that.

Exactly. It's possible the top slots could be comparable to the nauti when its released. So you loose the booster part. But most of us buy a dedicated booster.

Phineasmama

Yeah I know I will be buying a dedicated booster even though DD is riding in a Frontier, it would be really hard to buckle as a booster in our van.

amandakc82

After learning about the FOONF, I was in love, but couldn't justify $500 for a forward only carseat (baby would get it in 2-3 years after our growing the 35#/32" GSR35). I asked if they're considering an AIO, and no, but they replied they ARE working on a combination seat! Hopefully it'll be out in the next couple of years for baby!!

Phineasmama

Interesting, who at Clek told you they have a combination seat in the works?

I would definitely buy one, since I am planning on buying more FR85s for my younger kids when they go FFing. I think DS would be FFing next year but maybe this would be out by the time my 8 month old is ready to FF :p

Brigala

CPST Instructor
After learning about the FOONF, I was in love, but couldn't justify $500 for a forward only carseat (baby would get it in 2-3 years after our growing the 35#/32" GSR35). I asked if they're considering an AIO, and no, but they replied they ARE working on a combination seat! Hopefully it'll be out in the next couple of years for baby!!

Not to side track, but it would be a very unusually tiny baby that would last 2-3 years in a Snugride. It's pretty big for an infant seat, but most children will outgrow it (by height, not weight) by about 18 months of age.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can't imagine what the price tag would be.

I do think that the Foonf looks like it will be tall enough to get an average child to booster age.

Kat_Momof3

I can understand why they would rule out a combo seat because of trying not to make a seat do more than one job really well.

What I'd love to see them make, though, is an infant seat with that react technology... one that goes to maybe 30lbs (doesn't have to be too high since then you would move to their convertible seat) and is able to be attached to most strollers (say, ones that accept graco seats)

hope41more

LISmama810 said:
They can call it the Clek Oomph. Get it? A combination of Oobr and Foonf, kinda?

I hereby claim that as my intellectual property, but I'll let Clek have it in exchange for a seat. Are you reading, Clek? You owe me an Oomph.

Lol, love it! I want one too, because I, uhh, umm, support your decision???

penguingrooves

LISmama810 said:
They can call it the Clek Oomph. Get it? A combination of Oobr and Foonf, kinda?

I hereby claim that as my intellectual property, but I'll let Clek have it in exchange for a seat. Are you reading, Clek? You owe me an Oomph.

and THAT is why you're the carseat empress.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC