Yongsan, Korea

HeatherMo745

My husband has orders to PCS to Yongsan, Korea. We are planning to apply for command sponsorship so we too can go. We are unaware if we would be living in on-post or off-post housing. I do know that most of the transportation is done by shuttle, subway, or taxi. The city that Yongsan is in (Soeul?) is said to be like New York.

If we are able to go with him my DD will be around 21 months old. My plan was to RF until 45 lbs or 4 years old. My question is how do carseats work on subways and shuttles? There are no seatbelts so how do you install? Is it possible to do RF?

We currently own a Radian with the 45lb RF limit. Would this be an ideal carseat for these types of transportation or would we be looking at getting something else? if so, any suggestions?

My DD is 28lbs and 31 in long.

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I don't have any specific information, but wanted to ask if you had seen the FB group "Moving House for the Military Spouse"? I don't see anything specific for the base you list, but they do have pictures of the housing available for Camp Casey, and some of the wives have listed fb pages specifically for military wives in Korea in the comments sections... I thought that could maybe help you with more general info.

HeatherMo745

No I havn't seen that page, thank you. I have seen the housing (more than likely high-rise regardless of where we live), but I'm sure there will be some folks I can connect with on there. Thanks! I'll check it out!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC