If you store car seats in your garage

agave

Check your harness! I don't know when this happened, it could have been in my MIL's garage or my step MIL's garage. Rodents suck.

Attachments

• chewed.jpg
    chewed.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 57
ADS

christineka

I just caught a rodent in my garage today! (The cat was chasing it.) Still, thank you for making me aware. I put my good seats up on a shelf. Is that good enough or should I bring all my harnessed seats inside? Or do rodents like covers, too? I think I should bring them all in. I have plenty of room. I was just too lazy to bring them to my basement.

ETA- I just brought in my entire stash of seats that aren't slated for recycling. Tomorrow I will have to take care of the rest of the junk.

Last edited:

agave

I have no idea if a shelf would help but, not letting your kids eat in their seats may help. From what I've seen in our storage shed any fabric is potential nesting material. Sounds like you have a good cat. :)

Ninetales

Eeeek! I've never seen rodents or evidence of them in my house but I may move my seats into the basement instead.

mominabigtruck

We have too many feral cats for rodents to ever be a problem here. However, I keep my seats in plastic bags cause otherwise I have cat hair problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

cookie123

Hmm. I have such a nice car seat shelf in the garage. I like them handy when I need them. I don't let the kids eat in their car seats. Most are boosters, but the new SK 400 is there. And the old Radian that is still as good as new. I won't be using that. I better take some downstairs.

laurengt

In the summer we get mice in our (detached) garage. I didn't know this until I stored our Dutailer rocker I there while renovating the nursery and one snacked on the seat pad/ upholstery. I keep all my valued fabrics including car seats :0) in the house... Now. :0)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC