Question Warning label on marathon 70 coming off

swtgi1982

Any safe way to reaffix it to the cover with out harming the cover? Mine is coming off and yes it is still under warranty but cowmooflage is discontinued and I do not want a different color. This is the one on the fabric behind the child's back in the seat.

ADS

lovemy2kidstw

swtgi1982 said:
Any safe way to reaffix it to the cover with out harming the cover? Mine is coming off and yes it is still under warranty but cowmooflage is discontinued and I do not want a different color. This is the one on the fabric behind the child's back in the seat.

Who said cowmooflage was being discontinued? I just got a replacement cow for my MA70 a week or two ago?

swtgi1982

They told me when they warrantied my whole seat that I got the last one in the warehouse and that they had no more spare covers either I almost ended up with another pattern. I guess I will call on Monday. The seat is DOM Jan 2012 and it is coming off.

lovemy2kidstw

swtgi1982 said:
They told me when they warrantied my whole seat that I got the last one in the warehouse and that they had no more spare covers either I almost ended up with another pattern. I guess I will call on Monday. The seat is DOM Jan 2012 and it is coming off.

Well when I called, the clip on the front of the cover broke & I was told that they would send me a crimson or chili pepper. Imagine my excited surprise when I got home & opened the package & there was a cow one! They aren't discontinuing them, I think they just have trouble keeping them in stock. I would just call Monday & see. Does the label have to be on it? I know that you know what the warning says & will abide by it so it shouldn't be that big of a deal I wouldn't think?

swtgi1982

If I ever try to sell the seat it would be but I dunno. DS keeps playing with it since it is loose when he gets in the seat once in he can not get it.

swtgi1982

More irritated the seat is only three months old and it is coming off already. And DS never touched it until it came loose.

lovemy2kidstw

swtgi1982 said:
More irritated the seat is only three months old and it is coming off already. And DS never touched it until it came loose.

Gotcha. It must have not been sewed right at the factory then :/. Definitely call Monday. Even if they send you a different cover, you could always eBay the new cover & use that to buy a cow off eBay ; )

cupcakepirate11

The tag is coming off on mine too it bugs the crap out of me! Mine isn't an old seat either

Was also told by rep on Twitter they are NOT discontinuing the cowmoo too many people love it

swtgi1982

cupcakepirate11 said:
The tag is coming off on mine too it bugs the crap out of me! Mine isn't an old seat either

Was also told by rep on Twitter they are NOT discontinuing the cowmoo too many people love it

Yeah!

swtgi1982

Photo of tag. Top just came right off the stitching.

37558bc3.jpg

swtgi1982

Ok so planned on ignoring it and put my spare cover on last night and by the end of the day today that on too had started this. Is it just the plushness of that fabric or what?

tam_shops

They sewed it too close to the edge of the fabric. If sewing something back onto a cover is aloud (???), I'd sew it back on, straight stitch, seem length 3.0 all the way around the entire thing, just inside/outside that black line. If you do not, it will continue to fray/fall apart/unravel, especially if you ever wash it.

And, I agree, I'd phone and complain and get a replacement (of any popular colour) and keep it until I sold the seat and/or sell it to fund the purchase of a new one.

If I read that right and now a 2nd one is doing it, I'd *really* phone and complain. They either need to sew farther in so it doesn't happen, or fray check the ends so they don't unravel.

If you do not sew, there is something called *fray* check, clear bottle blue writing that you can get at sewing stores, that at least should slow the ravel down. Though, again, no (???) idea if you'd be *aloud* to use that on a car seat cover AND sometimes it leaves a bit of a mark, like when you get clear nail polish on something, which might not impress you on your brand new cover...

tam

swtgi1982

Ok made the parental decision since with 2yr old and baby, we will likely be the only owners of this seat ever just to take the darn tag off and call it good, since as a tech I know better to use it RF in the front seat, and I am the only one who installs my kids seats, I am just gonna say screw it and go on with life, if I ever sell I will buy it a new cover before I do.

java

ours is coming off on my smokey pearl ra55 too. That is actually an issue they would replace the cover for? How long is the warrenty? We have had ours about 8 mths I think. And washed 1 time per man. instructions

swtgi1982

java said:
ours is coming off on my smokey pearl ra55 too. That is actually an issue they would replace the cover for? How long is the warrenty? We have had ours about 8 mths I think. And washed 1 time per man. instructions

Those labels are required by law to be on there. But warranty is 1yr.

Manufactures have recalled seats before because this label is not visible enough on their seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC