KEENS bargains

Dillipop

Thanks for the heads up about nordstroms. I just ordered ds2 a pair of newport sandals. They'll be perfect for summer camp!

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Keens are also on sale at Nordstroms. Does anybody have a tried and true way of getting the smell out of Keens? After about three days, my son's start to smell horrible.

Throw 'em in the washer ;)

Funny, DS had a pair of knock-offs last year that got so foul-smelling I ended up just replacing them. His Keens aren't bad at ALL (I did have to wash them once because they were playing in the creek and THAT's nasty, lol)

hertweck

freqflyer said:
Keens are also on sale at Nordstroms. Does anybody have a tried and true way of getting the smell out of Keens? After about three days, my son's start to smell horrible.

We throw ours in the washer ALL the time, but when they get really bad I make a paste of baking soda and water and scrub the footbed with it and and old toothbrush.

hertweck

zactayaus said:
Hmm, Gavin is currently in a size 8, just about ready for a 9. I was going to get 9's but now I don't know. Decisions, decisions...

You might be ok with a 9. I think they run about a half size big compared to say Nike tennis shows. Maybe someone else will chime in. But for us if Allie was in a half size I always had to go down instead of up.

jennzee

zactayaus said:
Hmm, Gavin is currently in a size 8, just about ready for a 9. I was going to get 9's but now I don't know. Decisions, decisions...

I went a size bigger on ours, hoping to get two years out of them. They tighten up nicely and we haven't had any problems with the kids saying they feel too big. Owen wears a nine in some shoes and a ten in others....I went with elevens for his Keens.

seamonkeys

I had to size up. DD is wearing a 9 in most shoes, but I could barely get the 9 on her. So I got a 10, and she still only has about 1/2" room in them. So now I'm tempted to get the size 11.

They are currently on sale at REI, too (through the 28th).

cheerbop

I think they run a little larger as well. I wonder if differenst styles run differently? All 4 of my boys have worn them for the past 3 years and we always get the Newport H2 style.

zactayaus

For what it's worth I got the size 9 and they are big on Gavin. We could have done an 8 with no problems (yeah he's got tiny little feet:eek:). They do tighten up nice though and I'm fine with them being a little big. They should fit him well into the Fall.:)

PikkuMyy

If anyone is still looking for a deal on Keens, I just bought some for my son from shoebuy.com. It wasn't exactly a bargain, but a good price in my opinion. I used EMLSURPRISE25 for 25% off and I'll get 8.5% cash back through Ebates. NY is the only state that has to pay tax so I had to pay that but shipping and returns are free.

sparkle3116

Just a heads up--If you're looking for a deal and think the Keen Sunports might be for you, read the reviews online or have your LO try them on in a store.

I sell used Keens on ebay (usually store returns, and most of the time when the Sunports get returned it's because they rub the kids' ankles). I've also had friends with similar experiences.

(The Sunports are made of a soft plastic-type material vs the Newport H2s polyester webbing with a neoprene-like padding, making the Sunports much more affordable).

emandbri

I've not been happy with the sunsports, Elizabeth has had two pairs and both the print rubbed off. She has a lot of shoes so it wasn't as if she wore them all that often.

msg221

Zulily is going to debut Keen on the web site beginning Thursday at 6 a.m. PT.

I hope there are some good deal on the kids' Keens!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC