3 across in 2010 Dodge Avenger? / was Re: CHEAPEST 3-across options for '99 Honda Civic?

K

kromanel

Desperate! HELP!

I need to find a combination of carseats to fit in my 2010 Dodge Avenger. I will be needing to fit a 3yr old (which now she weighs 26lbs), a 1yr old (which now he weighs 17 lbs), and a newborn. These are the ages when the new baby comes near end of June beginning of July. As of right now I have an Evenflo Auro infant carseat and Evenflo Chase carseat. I wish not to have to buy all new seats but will if I have to.
Right now I have each child behind each front seat because the infant seat won't fit next to the other carseat.
Some people have told me to put the baby in seat you don't remove from your car but I would rather not. Easier to take the baby in and out especially when they are sleeping. Any suggestions? I don't have the money to spend alot either so seats def. under $100.
Thanks a Bunch:)

ADS
K

kromanel

I am almost in the same situation. I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger and will need to fit 3 across. I am Due at the beginning of July and will have a 3yr old and 1 yr old.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
This is a pretty tricky situation... the only seat that you MIGHT be able to fit in between those two is a Radian, which you could put RF for the 1 year old in between the Chase and the infant seat, but I'm really not positive if that will fit and we're talking about $200 for a Radian.

Does your infant seat fit with the handle down and 1.5" of clearance between the handle and the seat in front of it? That's a requirement of that seat that often means it doesn't fit properly in many smaller vehicles.

Otherwise... maybe a ride safer travel vest for the 3 year old in the center and you could get a Cosco Apt to use rear facing for the one year old, but that's still spending $120 on the RSTV and it's not terribly user friendly for everyday, plus another $50 on the Apt, by then you may as well spend the extra to get a Radian.

Otherwise, you could maybe try an Evenflo Titan for the 1 year old rear facing, put the Chase in the middle and then you might be able to fit the infant seat without the base next to it.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
By June the new Sceneras should be available again at Walmart They are pretty narrow and would work great rear-facing for your toddler. Cost is about $40. I don't know whether it would be narrow enough with your infant seat, though. How wide is the Auro? Perhaps a Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite might be narrower? It's about 17" wide.

Usually installing all car seats using the seat belt instead of LATCH will buy you a couple of extra inches of space, since LATCH tends to be offset slightly toward the center of the vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC