sonata vs. elantra

java

Does anyone know how the size compares between the two? We have an 05 elantra and we are really feeling cramped with 2 rfer's now. But we really love the car, so we are thinking about newer hyundai's (plus we love the mpg's)

Maybe the newer elantras are roomier? Or are sonatas noticeably bigger?

ADS

chay

Sontatas are much bigger (comparable in size to a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, etc). My parents have had an '06 and now have a '10. My sister drives an '07 and I've rented one of the newer style '11 ones. They are nice cars. I can even wedge myself between 2 car seats in the back of them - there's no way I can do that in DH's '07 Accord because of the seat belt placement. (note - I'm the size of a 12 year old so no guarantee that everyone would be able to squeeze between two car seats). Between us we've had a SnugRide22, SS1, Marathon, AOE, Nautilus, and Radian in them. The radian was a bit challenging but other than that no major issues that I can recall.

gsdguenter

The newer Elantras are definitely bigger than the older ones. I have a '10 and can fit three across or an adult and 2 rfers. There's not a TON of room, but a small/average adult fits fine. I'm 5'5 145lbs and a person much bigger than that wouldn't probably fit with 2 rf seats

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC