Question Rear facing in 04 Elantra

jwhitman36

Trying to figure out what will fit in my wifes car. Our son is 8 months old, 23lbs, 32 inches long. Her car is a 04 Hyundai Elantra, not exactly the biggest rear seat! She is 6 foot and I am 6ft 4in, so space is a little limited! Trying to see what is the best for our boy! Any advise would be great, thanks!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Generally, anywhere you can fit an infant seat, you can more than easily fit a convertible seat, they sit more upright for older kids with head control so that's the good news!

With all those tall genes in the mix, I might consider a Diono Radian so your son can stay rear facing as long as possible if he continues to be tall like mom & dad through his toddler years. It has one of the tallest shells for rear facing, and with an angle adjuster it should sit upright enough that you won't be sacrificing tons of room for yourselves up front.

The Graco MyRide, Evenflo Triumph or Momentum, Safety 1st Complete Air, and First Years True Fit are all good seats that will generally get most kids rear facing to a safe forward facing age, around 3 and will take up about the same amount of space as a Radian with angle adjuster.

wildeyes

i have an '02 elantra, and my 2 mo old is rf in a radian 100. i have it rf tethered on the passenger side, so it tips just a tad over that way (ok to do) and the driver can go all the way back. not quite as roomy for the passenger, but my dh, who is 6'2" can sit, although i dont think he'd want to do a long trip there.

no angle adjuster yet.

java

radians are big seats but they love elantras! We have an 05 elantra. Here are some pics of what we have done.

radian center no angle adjuster, britax RA55 next to it, the only seats we have gotten next to each other in this car so far.

radian outboard with no angle adjust, impossible to drive this way. Symphony 65 in the back ground

Hubby sitting in front of radian with no angle adjuster, he is 5'8" or so (excuse the socks and sandles, that is not normal lol)

radian outboard with angle adjuster...MUCH better

britax RA55 outboard, lots of space!

symphony 65 outboard, great fit

We have also had an evenflo tribute and a few infant seats in it. Hope this helps :)

jwhitman36

thanks for the info

-Java- I think we have the same exact car! Color and interior and all!

We use the Elantra around town, the Xterra hauls us around otherwise as we can toss the dog in the rear!

cowgirlsmommy

I have an 04 Elantra. Britax convertibles are super easy to get in. The First Years True Fit Premier goes in easy too. The Radian can go in but it requires a ton of room and hard bracing.

megan.amarice

Our 03 Elantra kicked the bucket a few months ago. I successfully had installed in it (all center): Evenflo Triumph Advance, Britax Roundabout50, Combi Coccoro, and Graco Myride. I was unable to install the Complete Air, as it didn't fit between the front seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC