Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Rear facing in 04 Elantra

Trying to figure out what will fit in my wifes car. Our son is 8 months old, 23lbs, 32 inches long. Her car is a 04 Hyundai Elantra, not exactly the biggest rear seat! She is 6 foot and I am 6ft 4in, so space is a little limited! Trying to see what is the best for our boy! Any advise would be great, thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Rear facing in 04 Elantra

Generally, anywhere you can fit an infant seat, you can more than easily fit a convertible seat, they sit more upright for older kids with head control so that's the good news!

With all those tall genes in the mix, I might consider a Diono Radian so your son can stay rear facing as long as possible if he continues to be tall like mom & dad through his toddler years. It has one of the tallest shells for rear facing, and with an angle adjuster it should sit upright enough that you won't be sacrificing tons of room for yourselves up front.

The Graco MyRide, Evenflo Triumph or Momentum, Safety 1st Complete Air, and First Years True Fit are all good seats that will generally get most kids rear facing to a safe forward facing age, around 3 and will take up about the same amount of space as a Radian with angle adjuster.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

i have an '02 elantra, and my 2 mo old is rf in a radian 100. i have it rf tethered on the passenger side, so it tips just a tad over that way (ok to do) and the driver can go all the way back. not quite as roomy for the passenger, but my dh, who is 6'2" can sit, although i dont think he'd want to do a long trip there.

no angle adjuster yet.
    Amanda, Owner at A Winter's Gift
    DD1 10/01, 90 lbs, 5-steppin'
    DD2 11/07, 46 lbs, HHB. ERF'd till age 4
    DS1 02/12, 36lbs, FF in RadianR100,

radians are big seats but they love elantras! We have an 05 elantra. Here are some pics of what we have done.

radian center no angle adjuster, britax RA55 next to it, the only seats we have gotten next to each other in this car so far.

radian outboard with no angle adjust, impossible to drive this way. Symphony 65 in the back ground

Hubby sitting in front of radian with no angle adjuster, he is 5'8" or so (excuse the socks and sandles, that is not normal lol)

radian outboard with angle adjuster...MUCH better

britax RA55 outboard, lots of space!

symphony 65 outboard, great fit

We have also had an evenflo tribute and a few infant seats in it. Hope this helps
    DD (6/2010 30lbs, 39 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and ffing in a chase
    DS (1/2012 26lbs, 36 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and a r100

thanks for the info

-Java- I think we have the same exact car! Color and interior and all!

We use the Elantra around town, the Xterra hauls us around otherwise as we can toss the dog in the rear!

I have an 04 Elantra. Britax convertibles are super easy to get in. The First Years True Fit Premier goes in easy too. The Radian can go in but it requires a ton of room and hard bracing.

Carseat Crazy

Our 03 Elantra kicked the bucket a few months ago. I successfully had installed in it (all center): Evenflo Triumph Advance, Britax Roundabout50, Combi Coccoro, and Graco Myride. I was unable to install the Complete Air, as it didn't fit between the front seats.
    Megan, mama to Genevieve (7/09, 43lbs, 42") ff Frontier and Roundabout 50, and Kristoffer (2/12, 22lbs, 33") rfing Nextfit and MySize. #3 due 9/17!

I have trouble with installs in the center position. Outboard is easy.