Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Will an Evenflo Triumph 65 fit in my 02 Honda Civic?

My daughter is currently in a Graco Snugride rearfacing in the middle seat but she's 2 pounds away from outgrowing it so we want to get a new car seat. I want to get the Evenflo Triumph 65 because there is a really good sale on it but it looks really big and I don't know if it will in my car. I would like it to be rearfacing in the middle but it can go behind me (driver's side) if it has to. I am only 5'1" so I'm thinking it would probably fit but I'm not sure. Would an Evenflo Triumph 65 fit in my 02 Honda Civic?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Will an Evenflo Triumph 65 fit in my 02 Honda Civic?

I haven't tried it in a civic, but we have the seat. It's a very wide seat, but generally takes up little room front to back. It installs fairly upright, which is good for smaller spaces. I'd bet it would fit, especially in the middle. I think I heard someone say they have it in a corolla... so that's probably a similar size.

*Not a tech, just a parent*

I have my 4 month old in a Triumph65. I have it reclined a little more, since she is still quite little. It takes up the same amount of space front to back as her keyfit did. I would think it could fit in a Civic. It would be one of my first choices for a tight space.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

5. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Width wise, it's a monster of a seat, but front to back it installs pretty upright. In our Prius DS was RF in it behind the driver's seat with no problem, w/o touching the front seats.

Fitting DS +dd and one of her friends (ages 10+, all out of boosters) in the back was tricky because of the width of the seat, but unless that sort of thing is a common occurrence for you, I wouldn't worry about it.

I have had as many as 3 of these seats (a long story involving 2 cars on the east coast, one on the west, and a cross-country move) and love love love them.

Michelle