Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Which seat for a 2001 Wrangler?

Mom-to-be trying to pick out a car seat for my 2001 Wrangler. We're not planning on using it as primary baby transport but I would like to have something for when I need it.
    So far I've seen recommendations for Britax and Scenara. Does anyone have opinions about which Britax model works best? Also, how do I anchor it in safely? Is there a site or instructions specifically for Wranglers? So many questions... :/

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Which seat for a 2001 Wrangler?

All of the Britaxes are the same shell, so they all work the same way. They don't fit newborns unless you buy the separate insert, though. For an occasional seat for a newborn and up I'd look at the Scenera, Cosco Apt, and Safety 1st onSide Air. You'll install with the seatbelt.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Also, how do I anchor it in safely? Is there a site or instructions specifically for Wranglers? So many questions... :/
    You will be able to install the car seat using the seatbelts if you don't have LATCH. My 2001 Ford Taurus has LATCH, but I think it became standard for all vehicles a little bit later than that. The directions for installing the car seat using the seatbelt will be included with the car seat.

Melanie

I found my '05 wrangler surprisingly easy to work with in regards to carseats. We had a AOE in there, and some kind of evenflo bucket seat with no real issues other than a cramped front passenger seat. One tip though, no matter what seat you have it will be about a million times easier to load baby in and out of you do it from the back hatch. I was ready to sell the jeep until I figured this out, and it made my (and my husband's!!) day.