Question Best Rear Facing Seat for a 2012 Chevy Equinox

luvtaread

Hi, I have a 2012 Chevy Equinox and I need to move my 11 month old from her infant carrier into a rear facing seat. I would like her to be able to stay in the RF CS as long as possible. She will be behind the passenger side.

My question is - Does anyone have a 2012 Equinox? what car seat fits the best? gives good leg room for passenger and has a lower profile so it is easier to get her in and out of?

ADS

Brianna

In your other post you mention wanting to have your Radian installation checked. Do you already have the Radian for another child, and you want a new car seat for the 11 month old? Or is the Radian already purchased for the 11 month old for another vehicle?

How many children/car seats in each vehicle, and how much does your 11 month old weigh?

luvtaread

Hi, sorry I guess I didn't realize how confusing that was.
The radian is for my Prius. I am a nanny and watch my Niece who is 11 months, my sister asked me to post and see which seats would fit her car best
my niece is about 17 pounds but less that 20 for sure and for the Equinox she will be the only child in the car but will be behind the passenger seat.

luvtaread

I don't because I watch two other boys as well - One is a teenager whom I don't drive much but when I do he rides in front and the other is 6.5 and rides in a Graco Turbo.

She puts her on the pass. side because that's where I have always put her - also she is VERY squirmy and doesn't much like the car so it's easier on the side then the middle. She will try out my Radian when I get it to see if if fits, but we posted to see if anyone who had the car had a CS in it they really like.

The budget will depend on how well the car seat fits, how long it can last and how much clearance there is to get her in and out of the car. So really there isn't a budget as long as we get a seat that fits her and the car great :). but they would like to spend as little as possible of course.

My sister had received a new RF CS as a baby gift (a Evenflo Momentum 65) and tried it but the gap between the top of the door and the CS was so small we had to slid her in feet or head first then swivel her around. This won't work because she usually resists getting in the car (she can't walk or crawl yet to get in herself). The momentum CS was put in my BIL car because she won't ride in it as much so it is less of an issue and it fit a little better (He drives a 2011 Hyundai Sonata).

Last edited:

Kegracin

I don't know how different the 2011 is from the 2012 but I had a Radian RF with angle adjuster in my Step-moms and there was room to sit in the passenger seat.

luvtaread

Kegracin - in your opinion was there enough room for a tall adult? my BIL is 6ft so I'm just curious - also did you try any other seat with the car? - Thanks!

Kegracin

Kegracin - in your opinion was there enough room for a tall adult? my BIL is 6ft so I'm just curious - also did you try any other seat with the car? - Thanks!

With the angle adjuster I think it would be fine. I only had the Radian and a Frontier 85 with me. (The FR85 does not like that car the headrests where in the way.) I'm sure my Marathon 70 would fit awesome but it had deep sides and is on a base so it does not fit what your looking for. She lives 2 hrs from me or I would take pictures for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC