Is it silly to get a true fit...

aept

When we will never use it without the headrest?
I have my eye on a TF premier for when our boulevard expires - which is not until December, but I like to plan ahead!
My oldest two hit 35 lbs by age 2 plus 2-3 months, but this little guy (#3) has been solidly 50th percentile so far, so I think he might make it to 3 years before hitting 35 lbs. He is just slightly above average for height.
I already have 2 radians but they only rf to 35 lbs also. I am having trouble getting myself to like a Diono radian. I worry that the EFTA shell would be outgrown too soon, and that britax legroom would be insufficient.
How is the tfp for legroom? Better than britax?
Are there any other good erf seats I should be considering? This would be in our dodge grand caravan, probably second row captains or maybe third row outboard. The seat is not needed until November when C will be 17 months.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
It's not silly but I would wait until fall and see how his growth pattern progresses before making a final decision. There may be other options by then (Foonf?) and his growth curve may take an unexpected turn.

I think if you like the TFP and it seems like the right seat for you when the time comes, using the head rest from the start would be an odd reason not to get it.

I have had a true fit for 2.5 years and 2 kids, and never used it without the top. Just because it can be an infant seat doesn't mean it has to, it is still a great convertible either way you use it.

Sent from my MB860 using Car-Seat.Org

featherhead

I don't think it's silly at all. I bought one for my DD who was 3 at the time, specifically cause I could get a blue cover, lol.

That said, I think you'd have plenty of time in the Evenflo seats (Momentum and Triumph). My just turned 3 year old is just above the 50th %tile for height, with a longish torso, and she still has room in both seats.

cmm7

Not silly at all, I have never used it without the headrest. It lasts so long FF that it is completely worth it even if you don't start using it until a kiddo is a bit older.

hrice

I'm the wrong person to consult about "silly" seat purchases.

If you want it then get it. ;) If you are anything like me you will drive yourself mad thinking about it until you have it.

lovemybabybug

Definitely more leg room than a Britax, at least in my car. I love the TF. Right now my DD takes turns between the TF and the XT. She is only 24 lbs at 30 months, it will be a looooong time before she outgrows it.

jnamommy

I hope it's not, because I just did (and my daughter is almost 4).

We had to replace a crashed seat, and I picked a TFP. My daughter is very comfy, and has lots of growing room in it. She has plenty of leg room.

jess71903

Ambassador
My DS needed the headrest at a year, when we got our TF. He's still riding in one in DH's car at 4.5 with plenty of growing room. I say go for it!

momtotwogirls

IM with the other. I had TFP for my youngest and then we got into an accident. She was around 31lbs then so i got something else because I couldnt justify it for 4 lbs. I ended up ordering it anyway and she is back down to 29lbs now. She will likely outgrow it by next yr but I really love the seat and am going to use it for as long as possible.

aept

Eek! I just got an email ad from BRU. The TFP is going to be on sale at BRU for $159. So tempting to just get it now! Why do I want to try a new seat so badly?

aept

jess71903 said:
Because you have 130 posts here. It's us. It's all us.

Uh oh. I am "carseat crazy", aren't I? I just crossed some sort of fine line. ;)
We'll see if there's any convincing dh...

Little Ps Mama

aept said:
Eek! I just got an email ad from BRU. The TFP is going to be on sale at BRU for $159. So tempting to just get it now! Why do I want to try a new seat so badly?

I'm eyeing that one too! That and the Ohs Triumph. Yeah I sooooo don't need another car seat let alone two. I think I really just need more babies to justify the seats. That's when you know you have a problem. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

aept

Little Ps Mama said:
I'm eyeing that one too! That and the Ohs Triumph. Yeah I sooooo don't need another car seat let alone two. I think I really just need more babies to justify the seats. That's when you know you have a problem. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Oh, I know! IF by some small chance we have another, I want a Cocorro! Lol. I have it all planned out "just in case".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC