How do you feel about the seat belt guides on the Diono RN's...

zactayaus

...when the RN is FF and you have someone sitting next to that seat? I'm not worried at all about ds2 sitting next to it because he's in a highback booster so his head would not hit the belt guides, but I am concerned about dd. I'm worried that if we were in a side impact crash the side of her head could smack into the belt guide and the way they are shaped, how they stick out, and the fact that they are metal and not plastic could cause her a world of damage. Is this something that could possibly happen? Do I have a valid fear? I'll be turning ds3 in the next couple of weeks and I'm thinking my beloved R120 in Daytona may not work well for us because of this. I need to think about everyone's safety in the car and this has me doing some serious thinking.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

ADS

hrice

I am glad you started this thread as I have been wondering the same thing. DH even mentioned it over the weekend. It was the first time he had been in my car since we got the R120.

I worry about Dustin hitting his head on one in a side impact. :(

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Is there any way to just take them off?

I can't see any reason why I would ever use a Radian as a booster anyway.

zactayaus

I am glad you started this thread as I have been wondering the same thing. DH even mentioned it over the weekend. It was the first time he had been in my car since we got the R120.

I worry about Dustin hitting his head on one in a side impact. :(

Yeah, I'm really thinking when I flip Gavin I'm going to use our MA70 or our MR. I think ultimately I'll be getting him a GN though. Really sucks cause I love the Daytona cover sooooo much.:(

Last edited:

zactayaus

Is there any way to just take them off?

I can't see any reason why I would ever use a Radian as a booster anyway.

I'm sure I could probably manage to get them off but then I would not feel comfortable reselling the seat to someone else when we are done with the seat in another year or two. So I may just end up selling it sooner rather than later and buying a GN.:(

Jessica61624

zactayaus said:
I'm sure I could probably manage to get them off but then I would not feel comfortable reselling the seat to someone else when we are done with the seat in another year or two. So I may just end up selling it sooner rather than later and buying a GN.:(

You could put a skjp over on it. But they're still there.

VoodooChile

zactayaus said:
Can you post a pic of the belt guides on the RXT? I had one briefly but can't for the life of me remember seeing the guides.

I should be able to get in there while ds is at preschool tomorrow. The light isn't great in the garage at night.

NannyMom

Can you post a pic of the belt guides on the RXT? I had one briefly but can't for the life of me remember seeing the guides.

On the RXT the belt guides are way in, under the headwings. So, it's not even nearly the same as on the R120 and R100.

VoodooChile

Okay, here are a few I snapped (light was better than I thought). Cell phone pics, and the first one, my computer was not cooperating, so it's a picture of a picture. I really had to go digging under the cover to find these--they're just sort of a bar under the head wings. Nothing at all like the shoulder belt guides I've become accustomed to on any other hbb dd's used!
Here's the first one (this is the picture I had to take with my cell phone, off of a picture on my iPad, b/c my computer was being a butt). It's from the right while facing the seat. It shows the bottom of the headwing, with the cover pulled up, and you can see the belt guide sort of peeking out (it's red, so you can't miss it):
RXT_belt_guide_1.jpg

Number 2, from the left, facing the seat (all the rest are from this side, which turned out to just be easier for me). I just pulled the headwing civer off and pointed to the belt guide:
RXT_belt_guide_2.jpg

Numbers 3 and 4, just different shots of the belt guide from the side:
RXT_belt_guide_3.jpg

RXT_belt_guide_4.jpg

I might have taken more but it was COLD out there!

zactayaus

Thank you so much VoodooChile! Maybe I need to start shopping for an RXT in Daytona. lol. I will leave you rep as soon as I am aloud to as I've given out to much in the last 24 hours it says.:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC