Car seat boogie woogie - come play!

J-max

CPST Instructor
Warning - this may get long

I need to swap out carseats and probably buy a new one (at least) but I am not sure what. Please help me!

Right now #5 is in a Aton, that I am passing on to a friend later this month and #4 is switching between the RXT, Regent, and BLVD, depending on position and vehicle. and #3 is almost outgrown the GN in booster mode.

So I have:
#1 (13) - seatbelt (5 steps in everything)
#2 (9 - 55lbs) - Monterey (on the tallest setting, with a bit of room still to grow)
#3 (7 - 85 lbs) - GN in booster mode (almost out grown)
#4 (4 - 40lbs) - Fits in lots, just switched from RF last week
#5 (7mo - 17 lbs) - was in Aton, moving to convertible

I have available:
2 BLVD
2 GN (MIL has one, but I could swap her for another FF seat)
Regent
RXT
Monterey
TB
(think I am missing something as well.....)

We drive a 08 suburban and 09 Chevy 3500 crew cab

My plan had been to get #5 a coccoro for the Sub, and put her in the RXT in the pickup, put #4 in the GN or Regent, and #3 in a new monterey. But now I am not sure. With the Monterey headrest issue, on top of the SL issue, I have lost a lot of confidence in those products and don't know if I want to purchase another.

I could put #5 in a BLVD for a while and wait for a Foonf for her, but Coccorros are so flipping cute :D

So, WWYD? pick one of the above, something else?

ADS

Dorothy

Hi! How are you? I'm going to vote Foonf, just because I really wish I had any need for one. I am trying to live viciously through others. ;-) But, in all seriousness, since you can make due with other seats in the meantime, I, personally, lean towards the longer-lasting options (despite the CCO's cute factor ;-) ).

Sent from my phone using the app :)

J-max

CPST Instructor
Hi! How are you? I'm going to vote Foonf, just because I really wish I had any need for one. I am trying to live viciously through others. ;-) But, in all seriousness, since you can make due with other seats in the meantime, I, personally, lean towards the longer-lasting options (despite the CCO's cute factor ;-) ).

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Hi back :) we are good, just busy! Finished calving and about to start AIing!

Do you have a 2nd row bench seat in the Suburban or quad seating?
2nd row bench and 3 pass 3rd row. I will prob have the oldest and the 2 youngest in the middle row. I have #4 in the 3rd row in a regent ATM but that was only cause we were on a road trip last week, for everyday it's easier to have her in the middle row.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I know nothing at all about your pickup truck, but I've had a couple of Suburbans...

I would put a Nautilus behind the driver, the Radian RF in the center, oldest behind the passenger, and then probably put the Monterey in the back for the second-oldest and get a good LBB for the oldest. Or else just get a different HBB for the second oldest and leave the oldest in the Monterey if you prefer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC