Nonchalantly letting someone know....

PunkyMonkey

I see misuse all the time and wonder if its worth "doing something about it"...

Moms drop kids off at DDs school and I can't help but ALWAYS look at their car seats lol. I see 4 or 5 people who are using FF convertibles that are either not top tethered (with visible tether hook sitting right there!) AND using seat belt as well as lower anchors at the same time -- most of them are Britax Marathons (the classic grey/silver one that Target here sells) or Graco Nautilus' (Target Beckett green too lol).

So, because I don't know any of these women nor do I want to insult or offend them... I thought about printing up an anonymous paper showing that top tether diagram and how this is used and maybe putting some stats on there about this (if anyone can help me out with the verbiage) and also mentioning that Lower Anchors OR the Seatbelt should be used, NOT both! and also a link to this site to come if they ever have any questions with anything!.... any thoughts here?

Would this be weird? I feel like it would be less offensive but also maybe creepy? It just makes me sad to see SO much misuse (these two mentioned things are the least of the bad things I see) and I bring DD in M-F and see all these LOs every morning & afternoon and they are all so sweet and it kills me thinking something could happen that could easily be fixed but I just don't know how to approach it. I am a younger mom of just 1 and I find that older women and especially those who have had a few kids already look at me like "what do you know?" lol Might all be in my head!

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Talk to the director of your school about having a car seat check up event. Refer them to http://cert.safekids.org/Home/SeatCheckLocations.aspx to find a tech who might be willing to do the event. I hosted one with another CPST at my kids daycare, and unfortunately, most of the parents didn't care. :( Heck, I've talked to 2 coworkers about their babies and both of them had them FF before 1yr and did NOT flip them back after I talked to them. People really think it won't happen to them. That they are good drivers. And you know what, chances are they will go through their life and never have to find out what risks they took with their children.

PunkyMonkey

I figured most people wouldn't show up if I tried to get an event there... but I will see what she says! Thanks for the tip :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC