Question 3 across 2008 Ford Escape: need 5 pt harness booster

Hello, we will be getting a booster seat for our 5 years old now that she is just about 40 lbs. We are currently using 2 radian car seats and an infant seat.

What 5 pt harness booster would work well with two rear facing radian car seats (for our one year old twins)? I am trying to keep our twins rear facing for as long as possible. Our son is tall and 24 lbs, but he does not seem to be bothered about being rear facing. Our youngest daughter is smaller and 19 lbs. When I turn the twins around will the booster still work wih the two radians?

So far I'm looking at the Britax Frontier (looks wide), Cosco High Back Booster, Safety 1st Go Hybrid, Safety 1st Summit, and the Eddie Bauer High Back.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ADS

Kaitsmom

Strike all but the Frontier off of your list. Most of them only harness to 40lbs, have low top.
slots and make dangrous fitting boosters due to how they position the seatbelt across the belly. The Frontier is very large and may be overkill for your childs size. I would try one before you buy or order from a place with a great return policy. I admit i dont know much about the Go hybrid, but it works best with a LATCH install, i ahve seen people say its almost impossiable with a seatbelt. It also requires a top tether and a vehical head support behind it.

Look at the Evenflo SecureKids 300/400 its narrower and harnesses to 65lbs and has 18" top harness slots. What is your daughters torso length, sit on the floor against the wa with their legs cris crossed and measure floor to shoulder top.

ETA: the Graco Nautilus is another choice but its pretty wide and not 3 across friendly. Theres also the Evenflo Maestro which harnesses to 50lvs and has 18" top slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC