Did someone here write this?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

that is a FANTASTIC article... I hope they used the link to carseatnanny's blog with permission and those pics with permission. So much great info given in such easy to understand language.

amyd

That's Twinklefae's blog, I believe. I'm sure she got permission. I've had the pleasure of meeting her, IRL. She's lovely. She has a FB page of the same name with tons of good info.

natysr

I have given permission in the past for my kids' photos to be used in these types of articles. I don't have a direct recollection as to who I've given permissions too. :eek:

Regardless, so long as the end result is accurate and promotes best practice, I am fine with it. :)

Thank you for liking the article and alerting me. It really was very well done.

On another note, I think I need a new siggy! My little one will be 2 in 2 months!!!

soph's mom

I would love to link this to my moms' group fb page. There are many moms that turned their kids at a year and regardless of weight. It is a closed group so only about thirty moms (if even the inactive members read it) that would see it...

Kat_Shoshin

Hey all,

Sorry to Nat for not asking permission - I was searching through a thread where lots of people gave general permission for use in education and must have grabbed the wrong picture. If she'd like me to take it down I can, alternately I can credit her for the photo.

Thanks for the compliments and shares on the blog. We're obviously just getting started but hope to create a decent Canadian resource for parents.

Sorry again for the 'stolen' photo, obviously I need to spend more time double checking my references.

ETA: This is Twinklefae, for some reason kat is signed in on my computer.

Last edited:

NannyMom

Kat_Momof3 said:
that is a FANTASTIC article... I hope they used the link to carseatnanny's blog with permission and those pics with permission. So much great info given in such easy to understand language.

I haven't read the info, but skimmed the pictures. I didn't know permission was usually needed to link to someone's blog :confused:

amyd

NannyMom said:
I haven't read the info, but skimmed the pictures. I didn't know permission was usually needed to link to someone's blog :confused:

I wouldn't think so either. Obviously you made the blog public.

natysr

Hey all,

Sorry to Nat for not asking permission - I was searching through a thread where lots of people gave general permission for use in education and must have grabbed the wrong picture. If she'd like me to take it down I can, alternately I can credit her for the photo.

Thanks for the compliments and shares on the blog. We're obviously just getting started but hope to create a decent Canadian resource for parents.

Sorry again for the 'stolen' photo, obviously I need to spend more time double checking my references.

ETA: This is Twinklefae, for some reason kat is signed in on my computer.

I don't consider it stolen. It's cool! :thumbsup:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It is an awesome article! The only part I would rephrase is this:

There has never been a report of an injury to a child’s legs while rear facing.

This isn't true. There are threads on this forum discussing injured legs while rear facing. I'll try to dig them up later. That being said, I know the next sentence somewhat takes care of it, and that injured legs aren't a reason to stop rear facing, and that the leg or worse could have been injured FF…just figured since the rest of the article was so accurate and well written, it might be better to change this sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

crunchierthanthou

It is an awesome article! The only part I would rephrase is this:

This isn't true. There are threads on this forum discussing injured legs while rear facing. I'll try to dig them up later. That being said, I know the next sentence somewhat takes care of it, and that injured legs aren't a reason to stop rear facing, and that the leg or worse could have been injured FF…just figured since the rest of the article was so accurate and well written, it might be better to change this sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I agree. What could be said is that leg injuries are actually more common forward facing (based on a study using real world crash data. from... CHOP?). Rear facing is safer head to toe.

Twinklefae

I will go and change that, thanks!

Sorry again to Nat, but thanks for letting us keep using the pic - it goes very well!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC