Is it important to buy a booster that Latches?

epost

I am in the market for a booster seat for my 8 year olds. (42 and 50lbs) I never knew that they made booster seats that attach with the latch. Does this enhance the safety? A better choice than w/out? thx!

ADS

mdsvc89

It enhances the safety of others riding in the car when the passengers aren't in them :) I try to remember to belt my kid's booster into the car when he gets out, but sometimes I forget, and now I have a projectile in my car. With latch, that wouldn't happen.

Pixels

Whether the seat is attached with LATCH or not, the seat belt is what restrains the child in a crash.

The purpose of LATCHing the booster in is so that it's not a projectile when unoccupied. The alternative is to buckle the empty booster every time. I know that I won't do that, so *for me* it's an important feature. If you teach your kids to buckle the booster back in when they get out of the car, then it's no big deal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC