Vent Buying seats online

Gah! I have spent hours upon hours this week, researching and installing convertible car seats. I had purchased a True Fit a couple weeks ago from walmart.com, and when I received it, I saw that it was manufactured in Jan 2010! So then I ordered a My Ride from Amazon, and that one was manufactured in August 2011. :mad: So now I have 2 car seats installed in our cars, which both need to be returned because I want to get my money's worth out of them. :thumbsdown:

Guess my next ones will be coming from Albeebaby. They do have fast, free shipping, right?

ADS

momtotwogirls

I wouldnt be surprised if the DOM is older from Albee. Honestly I would find out which covers came out the latest and order those. I ordered a TFP in Black elegance from Amazon and it has a DOM of 10/11. it was only 4 months old when I ordered it. I ordered a LIvia FN85 from there as well in feb and it was only a month old.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I ordered a MA70 from Amazon and got it when it was a week old. Lol.

I wouldn't use the seats if you're planning on returning them.

Yeah, I had searched these forums before ordering, and saw a thread where the general consensus was that everyone got their seat practically straight off the assembly line. Guess I just have terrible luck?

Now that I take a closer look online, it was one of the $160 MyRides that I got for $140 (Prentis print). Still, I'd much rather have a brand new seat from the $140 line. Ugh.

Is it not worth it to return the seat, if I may not end up getting a newer one?

Phineasmama

How long are you really going to use the seat? If you have other children to pass it down to I would probably return and get newer ones.

All the seats I've ever ordered from Albee were very new DOMs. But I guess I usually get seats with newer covers...

We plan on having more kids, so hopefully will have someone to pass the seat down to when our son outgrows it. If he were our last, it wouldn't really matter because he would probably have outgrown it before it expires anyway. But for now, he's our first and only.

Another question--the My Ride I got today had a very banged up box. The side of the box (not at the seam) was taped up because it had been busted open. Should I be concerned about the rough way it was handled?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Nope, the box keeps the seat safe. I wouldn't worry at all.

If you got a seat on sale, it typically means it has an older DOM.

Welcome to CSO by the way. :)

Kobain's Mommy

I ordered a Marathon70 from TRU (in store online during the trade in) and it was fairly new. But I ordered a Coccoro from Target.com last April and it was was a 10/10 seat, I let it go for since I got it pretty cheap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC