Infant insert cushion as toddler head support in Radian R120?

whitneyg

I vaguely remember reading that some people have used the infant insert as a toddler head pillow in the Radians. Is this okay? And if it is, are you using the round head part of the insert, or the wider flappy part? And how are you rigging it up so it stays?

So far my only complaint about the R120 vs the RXT is the lack of head support for my car sleeper. Otherwise, I love it.

Thanks!

ADS

DrummerBaby

I use the wide flappy part... it says in the manual that you can do that. They suggest tucking the ties into the cover to keep it in place, but that doesn't do a good job, so I actually route the ties through the spot where the instruction manual gets tied on and do a little knot there to hold it at just the right spot for my 2-yo.

ETA: I have the old version of that seat (80SL) but I imagine it would be the same.

christineka

The old toddler body support pillow just had some fluffy pillows on the sides- no butt pad. I don't think the new infant insert can double as a head pillow anymore. Maybe you can find an old one? It has strings so you can just tie it to the top of the seat and it hangs in there.

aept

I wonder if they still sell it as an accessory? I bought one for one of our Radian 65's and it was called the comfy-fit. At the time is was identical to the padding that was included with the 80lb seat. I think I may have even seen the "comfy fit" recently at buy buy baby.
I am using both parts now with my 9 month old baby, but have used just the wider "body" piece in the past with an older toddler. It was nice for car trips but he didn't always want it there. I tucked the tops of the straps into the top of the cover and that seemed to hold it since the straps were made of a grippy material similar to shelf liner. I would flip it up over the back of the seat if he didn't want it there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC